Tiger making a comeback

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Tiger making a comeback

Post by brothers »

It appears that Mr. Woods is in a position to win today's final round of the 2018 TOUR Championship golf tournament. Good for him. He has overcome some monumental personal and health issues in the past few years.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Re: Tiger making a comeback

Post by Rufus »

Yes he has , but I think it’s time the focus was on other talented players.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Personally I haven't paid him any attention for what seems like 10 years. Maybe he's been getting more attention in your area than mine. This was his first win in 5 years. I have a hunch he'll be pretty doggone popular in the coming year unless he starts losing again.

My favorites are Spieth. Fowler, McIlroy and Mickelson.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Gene

Post by Gene »

Not a Tiger fan.

Not that I don't think he is a talented golfer - for he is. I would kill to have even the poor game he has struggled with over the last few years.

I quit tracking him after his caddy waded into the gallery and assaulted that photographer. The golfer was in the wrong, but his caddy's actions, and Tiger's responses after that turned me off for good to him.

IMHO, and of course YMMV.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
brothers

Post by brothers »

Comeback??? :shock: Ryder Cup this weekend. I didn't watch it much, but he and his partner floundered and bombed, and Europe won.
Gary

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

A complete, unadulterated flame out. Europe more than won, they trounced America.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today, for the first time in about 11 years, Tiger Woods won the Master's Championship in Augusta Georgia. This makes his 5th win, tied with Jack Nicholas for the most Green Jacket wins. Comeback? Yes!
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Im not a golfer (yet), I am not a golf fan and i couldnt care less about tiger woods, but I am a giant fan of of 'FU take that' antics and this youtube piece just illustrates it brilliantly

https://youtu.be/eHoiySPhAOo

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

fallingwickets wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:27 am Im not a golfer (yet), I am not a golf fan and i couldnt care less about tiger woods, but I am a giant fan of of 'FU take that' antics and this youtube piece just illustrates it brilliantly

https://youtu.be/eHoiySPhAOo

clive
Yes, he did get the last laugh and he is undeniably a great technical player, but he remains the obnoxious, uncouth SOB that he turned out to be after his father died.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Does a tiger change his stripes?

If someone who alienated so many people could actually undergo a basic and permanent change of attitude and behavior, I heartily applaud it. I suppose time will tell. I wish him nothing but the best.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Mr. Woods will be receiving the Presidential Medal of Freedom because of his "incredible success and comeback in sports/golf and more importantly in life."
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Uh, - no - :cry:
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Uh, - no
what happened??
brothers

Post by brothers »

Not doing so well lately. :|
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

got it...thanks gary golf isnt a sport i follow
brothers

Post by brothers »

It's going downhill fast. Unfortunately he drove his vehicle off the highway into a deep ravine yesterday 23February2021 in Los Angeles and suffered several severe injuries. Not life threatening, but playing golf again isn't going to be on his short list for who knows how long. I wish him the very best, and everybody's really glad he didn't kill himself.
Gary

Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

Tiger's career peaked in June, 2008 when the played in the U.S. Open against his doctor's advice. He won, but wrecked his knee in the process. His career has been downhill ever since. His latest injuries haven't stopped some Tiger "fans" from speculating about another comeback. Ha!!!!!
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

I wish everyone all the best in recovery -- whether it be Tiger or a vet amputee from and IED. Best wishes to all of them. Keep a stiff upper lip and march forward.
highpeers

Post by highpeers »

Different media write different news, but here is an excerpt from an article I recently read:
Speculation is rife about when and where he will return. Some suggest the 150th Open at St Andrews will be his last.
Others have suggested he will simply grind hard all year and play again at the PNC Championship in December before returning for a few events in 2023.
Even though the PNC Championship last month wasn't exactly a serious tournament, there were still glimpses.
I would like to see him at least once on the field. So I keep believing in it.