Alpine Frost by Strop Shoppe

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Alpine Frost by Strop Shoppe

Post by brothers »

Too bad the proprietor of Strop Shoppe (Norman, OK) had to shut down the operation a couple of years ago. I have no idea who it was, and even though it was only about 30 miles from my home, I didn't buy any SS soaps until just about the same time it closed business. I have 4 tubs of Strop Shoppe, and am currently working on Alpine Frost. Nice scent, and the performance is top shelf. One thing I find very appealing is the slickness that appears after the lather pass has been completed, and I've splashed warm water on my face for the latherless touchup and polishing. This is an outstanding example of slickness that is rare among even the top names of shaving soap.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: Alpine Frost by Strop Shoppe

Post by brothers »

I continue to be impressed by this soap. I see that the ingredients list is fairly simple: "stearic acid, tallow, glycerin, ricinus commuris (castor ) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, theobromo cacao (cocoa) seed butter, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), fragrance, menthol".
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: Alpine Frost by Strop Shoppe

Post by brothers »

I admit it's comforting in a way to see the butters, etc., have been added. Especially when the soap seems to be pretty good. I think it's an unsophisticated way to reassure users they're getting some good "stuff".
Gary