Green Masters' Jacket procedure

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Green Masters' Jacket procedure

Post by brothers »

I'm probably the only one who didn't know this! I thought the winner gets a new Green Jacket every time he or she wins the Masters'. Not true. Once you have won, you get your jacket and if you win again, you don't get another one. Following a win, the winner gets possession of the jacket for one year, then is required to return it to the organization for safe-keeping. It's retained by the organization thereafter. The winners are allowed to wear their jackets during the tournament, but not to keep and take home. The only exception to a second jacket is in the event the champion's size has changed dramatically and the original jacket no longer fits. If a previous winner repeats, then he or she is "awarded" their original old jacket. Doubters should check this for accuracy, and if I am mistaken, please post and let me know if I've made an error, which is always possible.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Kyle76

Re: Green Masters' Jacket procedure

Post by Kyle76 »

Sounds right to me. One should be enough. You only wear it one week a year.
Jim
brothers

Post by brothers »

It's quite a fair rule. I wonder why all organizations don't have the same setup. You get one trophy and if you win another event, whether it's Olympics, pro sports including golf, stock car racing, horse racing (today's the Kentucky Derby by the way - Maximum Security won but a challenge was lodged after the race resulting in a disqualification and declaring Country House the winner at 65 to 1), spelling bees, quilting, or pie baking, - they'll give you the same trophy again. Stanley Cup is a prime example. One team or one person, limit one trophy or championship ring. Period. Let's spread the word! :D
Last edited by brothers on Sun May 05, 2019 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I never knew that but I'm not a sports fan.

It makes sense though - once you're in, you're in.

Chris
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 3:43 pm It's quite a fair rule. I wonder why all organizations don't have the same setup. You get one trophy and if you win another event, whether it's Olympics, pro sports including golf, stock car racing, horse racing (today's the Kentucky Derby by the way - Maximum Security won but a challenge was lodged after the race resulting in a disqualification and declaring Country House the winner at 65 to 1), spelling bees, quilting, or pie baking, - they'll give you the same trophy again. Stanley Cup is a prime example. One team or one person, limit one trophy or championship ring. Period. Let's spread the word! :D
+1

The notion of a single trophy with some history (I'm thinking of you Claret Jug) is full of provenance.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?