Brush of the day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
brothers

Re: Brush of the day

Post by brothers »

Rooney Manchurian
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thater 4376/5 silvertip
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Rooney Manchurian
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Rooney Manchurian
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

SilkSmoke
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

SilkSmoke synthetic
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

Semogue boar
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

SilkSmoke
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Erskine in full bloom.
Erskine in full bloom.jpg
Erskine in full bloom.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 10378 times
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

SilkSmoke synthetic VFerdman.jpg
SilkSmoke synthetic VFerdman.jpg (643.3 KiB) Viewed 10332 times
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

My original choice this morning for the Castle Forbes Cedarwood Sandalwood cream was the large silvertip badger brush. For some reason it just didn't work. Usually something I call operator error, but it was a no go. Rinsed out the badger and picked up the SilkSmoke synthetic. You guessed it - worked like a magic wand.
Gary

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I decided to try my Muhle STF brush this morning; i usually only use a synthetic when travelling. I didn’t like it: just too springy which meant I had to mash the brush on my face to lather in a circular motion, which is my preferred way of lathering.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today was a bit more successful with the silvertip. I think I'm beginning to get the hang of it. Switching from a hard soap to a slightly rigid cream and from a synthetic to a badger at the same time calls for some thoughtful adjustments. Just adds a bit of adventure to the morning ritual.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

SilkSmoke synthetic rules! I got the CF C&S cream dialed in!
Gary

pausted

Post by pausted »

Yaqi White synthetic
Best regards,

Basil
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

My new Fendrihan Classic Silvertip shaving brush. I’ve used it 3 times now and I’m impressed. Although it cost just CAD$69 it is much more dense and firm than I expected. The knot measures 22X49 and is bulb-shaped. The badger has very soft tips and just the right amount of backbone for me, ie, not too much, but more than a Kent BK4, and flow through is very good. I bought it as my travel brush, as I’ve not found a synthetic that can match the face feel of a good badger or boar. At the price I thought it was worth the punt and so far I’m pleased. I’ll use it the rest of the week and a few more times before my trip at the end of August.
Bryan
pausted

Post by pausted »

WCS Tuxedo synthetic
Best regards,

Basil
jaguar

Post by jaguar »

Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
pausted

Post by pausted »

Yaqi Tuxedo synthetic
Best regards,

Basil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Rooney Manchurian badger brush
Gary