My Current Setup

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
birba2018

My Current Setup

Post by birba2018 »

My current setup. Muhle r108, red proraso, wilkinson brush, haryali london bowl, parker 55 semi slant (not shown here).

Image Image Image
CMur12

Re: My Current Setup

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, birba2018!

Looks like a good setup.

- Murray
birba2018

Post by birba2018 »

I have started just 3 months ago but thanks to mantic 59 and geofatboy video and considering i have been applying wet shaving principles with my carts since the beginning ( beard mapping.. Almost no pressure... Wtg/xtg/atg... Brush and soaps instead of canned foam etc) i have been able to get very good results from the very beginning. In fact today i got a near perfect bbs with the muhle and a yellow feather.
Talking about difference... I cannot really notice any difference in shave closeness comparing to my preferred carts (dsc and Hydro5 sense). However, where i see A LOT of difference is in skin quality.After a de shave i feel almost no burn even after Atg passes (and I Have to go ATG because almost all my hair grows top to bottom so in Wtg pass i more or less just move soap also because i shave daily) and ingrown hairs are starting to disappear. Another ADVANTAGE... Blade cost. Even with dsc using dorco blades i pay 9 euros for a group of four blades... With the same amount i get a sample of 100 on Amazon (feathers... Personna... Wilkinson etc). So no contest here. And besides i can change blade after two shave while with carts i have to try stretching their lives using the razorpit. And guess who wins? A feather at the second shave or a dorco 6 after one week (with my extremely wiry and hard mediterranean beard)? I think you guessed the answer.. Too easy
brothers

Post by brothers »

Welcome to SMF! :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444