Archive: High-End Vintage Software and Hardware

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
churchilllafemme

Archive: High-End Vintage Software and Hardware

Post by churchilllafemme »

Various top-of-the-line vintage items available today. International shipping possible with some of the items.
Software:

1. NOS Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Tallow Shaving Soap 100g/3.4oz. No longer available retail. $100 shipped CONUS.
Blenheim Bouquet is a citrus aromatic fragrance launched in 1902, first made as a bespoke fragrance for the Duke of Marlborough. Top notes are lavender, Amalfi lemon and lime; base notes are musk, pine and black pepper. IMO, these tallow Penhaligon's soaps are superior to most modern ones. SOLD

2. And the matching NOS Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm 150ml/5oz. Tube (retail $59). $20 shipped CONUS. SOLD

3. NOS Floris Elite Tallow Shaving Soap in Wooden Bowl 100g/3.5oz. Equivalent in quality to the Penhaligon's, and just as rare. $85 shipped CONUS. Withdrawn
Elite is a wood aromatic scent launched in 1980. Top notes are bergamot, cedar leaf, grapefruit, juniper berry, lemon and petitgrain; heart notes are bay, fir balsam and lavender; base notes are amber, cedarwood, leather, moss, musk, patchouli and vetiver.
ImageImageImageImage

4. NOS Crabtree & Evelyn Lavender Shaving Soap Mug Refill 51g/1.8oz. Pure English Lavender quality. $20 shipped CONUS. SOLD

Hardware:

1. Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' DE Razor Blades (10). Possibly the best razor blade ever made, and no longer available retail. Extremely smooth and durable. Four 2-blade dispensers are on sealed cards, and the fifth dispenser is loose but new and unused. Two lots of 10 blades, each lot $25 shipped CONUS. SOLD

2. Relist of Bob's Razor Works Gillette Single Ring Old Type DE Razor with Amboyna Burl Handle. In pristine condition, customized by the late Cooncat Bob with a beautiful wood handle. $75 shipped CONUS. SOLD

3. Relist of vintage Rooney 3/1 Ebony Finest shaving brush (22mm/48mm), with a gorgeous high-loft knot. I believe this is NOS, obtained directly from Lee. IMO, again, the best shaving brushes ever made. Comes with original box. $600 shipped CONUS. SOLD
Last edited by churchilllafemme on Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 15 times in total.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Re: FS: High-End Vintage Software and Hardware

Reduced.
_______
John
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Those little two-blade packs were giveaways with a certain amount of petrol at BP garages!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
churchilllafemme

drmoss_ca wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:24 am Those little two-blade packs were giveaways with a certain amount of petrol at BP garages!
Those were the days...
_______
John
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Yes indeed. Cheap petrol (sorry for those for whom this stuff is 'gas' despite being in the liquid phase), carburettors (I know, more British English), and ignition by distributor. At the time, I was more concerned with the Esso giveaway of a tiger tail ("There's a tiger in your tank!") than the blades, as I was too young to shave.

I shouldn't distract from this splendid opportunity to buy some classic products. I'd have snapped them up myself at one time when I had an expectation of being able to use them. Jump at it lads, these opportunities don't show up every day.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Great memories, guys!

I still remember setting the timing on my first car. I could get it so I could balance a quarter on the radiator.

Those were indeed the days.

Chris
churchilllafemme

Reduced again.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Reduced once again.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Another reduction.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Reduced yet again.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

All the hardware is gone. I'm surprised the software is still unsold.
_______
John