Dr. Selby is Back!

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
BullGoose
Vendor

Dr. Selby is Back!

Post by BullGoose »

Dr. Selby was hugely popular among American Wet Shavers 10 years ago or so. Then, seemingly overnight, it disappeared. Made in Uruguay, Dr. Selby lacked a U.S. Distributor and became impossible to source. I am happy to announce that it is back.

Dr. Selby is only available in one scent (a classic Lavender) and comes in your choice of a hard soap housed in an art deco style bowl or a shaving cream in a tube. Both soap and cream lather easily, provide nice cushion and are non drying. Best of all, they are both highly affordable with the 125g hard soaps selling for $15.59 and the 50g shaving cream tubes selling for $10.50.

Dr. Selby is perhaps even better known for their Curative cream. This was originally marketed as a cream for diaper rash but is an excellent do anything salve for chapped hands or lips, minor scrapes, burns etc.

Buy Here

http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Dr. Selby is Back!

Post by drmoss_ca »

Isn't it strange to see a lavender scented soap coloured green? No reason why it has to be purple, of course, but one somehow expects it. I'd try it out but I have more soaps than I can ever use and I'm still waiting for my new Shelves of Shame.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

drmoss_ca wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:20 am Isn't it strange to see a lavender scented soap coloured green? No reason why it has to be purple, of course, but one somehow expects it. I'd try it out but I have more soaps than I can ever use and I'm still waiting for my new Shelves of Shame.

Chris
It is kind of curious. :) I'd think they would either go with no dyes at all or with the standard purple/lavender color.
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

You guys are inspiring me. I've got this buried somewhere and I can't recall if I liked it or not. Time to dig it out and give it a try again! Everything old is new.

Chris
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I've got more than enough soap cached away to exceed my remaining years. Even so, I felt compelled to finally give this soap a shot, so I ordered some. :oops:

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

You old devil, Murray!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

EL Alamein wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:55 pm You guys are inspiring me. I've got this buried somewhere and I can't recall if I liked it or not. Time to dig it out and give it a try again! Everything old is new.

Chris
I'll be interested to hear what you think of it.

- Phil
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

CMur12 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:41 pm I've got more than enough soap cached away to exceed my remaining years. Even so, I felt compelled to finally give this soap a shot, so I ordered some. :oops:

- Murray
Thank you Murray! Your order will ship today. I'll be interested to hear your impressions.

- Phil
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Phil,

I dug it out last night and tried it this morning. I love the scent of it. It reminds me a lot of the old T&H Lavender cream scent, which is discontinued of course.

Lathered up and had a great shave. I read someone saying that this is like the old palmolive stick in it's performance and I'd agree. Very thick dense lather can be made of this even in hard water.

Looking forward to including this in my rotation now that I've rediscovered it.

Chris
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

EL Alamein wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:00 pm Phil,

I dug it out last night and tried it this morning. I love the scent of it. It reminds me a lot of the old T&H Lavender cream scent, which is discontinued of course.

Lathered up and had a great shave. I read someone saying that this is like the old palmolive stick in it's performance and I'd agree. Very thick dense lather can be made of this even in hard water.

Looking forward to including this in my rotation now that I've rediscovered it.

Chris
Excellent Chris! I'm glad to hear that its working well for you. I need to adopt a bowl. :D

- Phil
brothers

Post by brothers »

Early days, around 10 years or so ago, I used this soap. When I tried to locate some for replacement, it was no longer available. It's good to know it's back!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

brothers wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:11 am Early days, around 10 years or so ago, I used this soap. When I tried to locate some for replacement, it was no longer available. It's good to know it's back!
It was really strange how it just disappeared.

- Phil