God Save The King!

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
drmoss_ca
Admin

God Save The King!

Post by drmoss_ca »

Anyone else watch?

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Re: God Save The King!

Post by brothers »

With all due respect to the King of England (United Kingdom) and his royal family, I wish them well, and I trust that they'll enjoy a long and peaceful time on the throne.
Best Regards ---
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I did catch bits and pieces of the ceremony in the news but didn't watch the whole thing. I enjoyed what I did see of it. Very grand and full of proper ceremony, something the modern world lacks. Very comforting to see something so ancient carrying on.

I wish King Charles III Godspeed, I don't think an easy road is in front of him.

I do wonder though if he wore Hammam Bouquet like supposedly his male predecessors did (I think Gordon mentioned this)? Or was it Eau Sauvage as his son alleges in his book (so reported by the press, I did not buy nor read it)? Either way he would have good taste.

God Save the King!
Chris
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Yes, gullible people write such nonsense about him. I saw CNN repeat all the rubbish about him travelling with his own bed, toilet seat and teddy. They'll be wheeling out the one about the six boiled eggs every morning (of which they claim he will choose the one that is just right) next. A man who has commanded a ship, got his helicopter license flying air-sea rescue Westland Wessex, his fixed wing license in DH Chipmunks and BAC Jet Provosts? And he has to have his teddy?
I would not have predicted this fifty years ago, but I think he will make a good job of it. I know our system of hereditary constitutional monarchy is ridiculous and indefensible in theory, but it works, and works well. Just think, in one week last fall we went through two prime ministers and a change of monarch. Nary a constitutional ripple. No mobs, no riots, no coup. Just orderly transition.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace