Royall Lyme

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
EL Alamein

Royall Lyme

Post by EL Alamein »

Evening All,

It's been quite a while since we've talked about this one. Thought I'd bring it up since it Summer time and this is a very refreshing scent, perfect for this time of year.

I have gone through a few bottles of this over the years and it is an excellent aftershave. I don't know what's in it but it leaves my skin conditioned and not dry. You would think with the citrus oils it would be drying but that's not the case with me.

I also wanted to mention that I received and have been using a new bottle recently. I still had a little left in my last bottle when I received the new one and did a side by side comparison. I will say that the lime is much more intense in this new bottle. Royall Lyme has always been a slightly floral type lime in the past. It still is but the floral element is much more subdued in this latest iteration and the lime element is amped up considerably. I very much enjoy this latest formulation.

The longevity of this stuff is typical of a limes aftershave (it's actually labeled an "all purpose" lotion) which is to say not very long. It does linger close to the skin throughout the day and if you get caught in sudden high humidity or rain I've noticed it sort of bursts forth a little bit.

For anyone looking for a more traditional limes aftershave I'd highly recommend this stuff.

Chris
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Royall Lyme

Post by drmoss_ca »

It's always interesting to compare new bottles with old, not for formulation changes, but for how aging once opened and exposed to air and sunlight change the scent. I don't notice them getting weaker or altering their character, until I open a new bottle and find it rather different to the just-finished bottle (even if bought at the same time, but one has not been opened nor exposed to light).

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
fisherc

Re: Royall Lyme

Post by fisherc »

My fav is still Trumpers lime but it's evaporated and nothing on my skin after about 30 min. Sprayed on a cold towel on a hot day and post shave is summer post shave perfection!!!