Cats

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Shavermeister

Cats

Post by Shavermeister »

Any cat lovers here? Here I am with my cat: Candy.

Jim
Attachments
PXL_20240203_220003886-_02_.jpg
PXL_20240203_220003886-_02_.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 339 times
brothers

Re: Cats

Post by brothers »

Nothing wrong with cats! In our house we currently have only one little animal friend at the moment, an 8 month old kitty cat named Cocoa.
Over the decades we've had multiple dog and/or cat friends at random times due to the kids. We love 'em all. (Kids and animals :D )
Cocoa February 2024.jpg
Cocoa February 2024.jpg (872.62 KiB) Viewed 296 times
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I'm a cat person, too. My Joey is twelve years old and he was a rescue. Someone dumped him, as a small kitten, in the parking lot at work. A coworker found him and brought him right to me. He appeared to have been weened and separated from the litter early, as he tried to nurse on any loose skin and he hadn't learned to play with his claws withdrawn. He also has a temper and can go on the attack.

The claws have been a challenge. The first couple of years, I went through band-aids and gauze pads in bulk! One friend bought me an assortment of band-aids for Christmas. In spite of all this, he can be very affectionate and he's smart. He has learned all of the language around feeding, including "Not yet," "That's all," and "Joey gonna drink some water?"

Anyway, we're truly bonded and he's my little companion. I can't imagine not having him here. At the same time, I'm 72 years old and I can't let anything happen to me because nobody wants Joey!

By the way, I have worn a beard since 1972. I shave my neck and shape it at the cheeks.

- Murray
Shavermeister

Post by Shavermeister »

brothers wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:19 pm Nothing wrong with cats! In our house we currently have only one little animal friend at the moment, an 8 month old kitty cat named Cocoa.
Over the decades we've had multiple dog and/or cat friends at random times due to the kids. We love 'em all. (Kids and animals :D )
Cocoa February 2024.jpg
What a delightful surprise to read about your furry friend, Cocoa! Cats truly have a way of bringing so much joy and warmth into our lives, don't they? It sounds like your home has been a haven for both kids and animals over the decades, creating a tapestry of love and companionship.

I couldn't agree more – there's something magical about the bond between pets and their human companions. It's heartwarming to hear that your household has been a sanctuary for various dog and cat friends, each leaving their paw prints on your hearts.

As for me, Candy, my cat, is my absolute pride and joy. She's got this incredible ability to brighten even the gloomiest days with her playful antics and soothing purrs. It's fascinating how these little creatures become such integral parts of our families, isn't it?

Here's to the wonderful journey of raising and loving these adorable companions, be they four-legged or two-legged! May your home continue to be filled with the laughter, love, and the pitter-patter of tiny paws.

Warm regards,
Jim
Last edited by Shavermeister on Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shavermeister

Post by Shavermeister »

CMur12 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:51 am I'm a cat person, too. My Joey is twelve years old and he was a rescue. Someone dumped him, as a small kitten, in the parking lot at work. A coworker found him and brought him right to me. He appeared to have been weened and separated from the litter early, as he tried to nurse on any loose skin and he hadn't learned to play with his claws withdrawn. He also has a temper and can go on the attack.

The claws have been a challenge. The first couple of years, I went through band-aids and gauze pads in bulk! One friend bought me an assortment of band-aids for Christmas. In spite of all this, he can be very affectionate and he's smart. He has learned all of the language around feeding, including "Not yet," "That's all," and "Joey gonna drink some water?"

Anyway, we're truly bonded and he's my little companion. I can't imagine not having him here. At the same time, I'm 72 years old and I can't let anything happen to me because nobody wants Joey!

By the way, I have worn a beard since 1972. I shave my neck and shape it at the cheeks.

- Murray
Hello Murray,

What a heartwarming and incredible story about Joey! It's both heartening and disheartening to hear about his early struggles, but it's clear that he found an angel in you. The image of him trying to nurse on any loose skin and not quite mastering the art of retracting those claws must have been both challenging and endearing in those early days.

The dedication and love you've poured into Joey's life, despite the initial challenges with those razor-sharp claws, are truly commendable. It's amazing how resilient and adaptable animals can be, learning the intricacies of our language around feeding and developing a unique bond with their human companions. The assortment of band-aids as a Christmas gift is both humourous and a testament to the strong connection you share with Joey.

It's evident that Joey is not just a pet but a cherished member of your family, a little companion who brings joy, affection, and even a touch of feisty temperament to your days. The way you describe your bond is truly heart-touching, and it speaks volumes about the unconditional love that pets can bring into our lives.

As for your beard since 1972, that's quite the impressive feat! It's these personal touches and details that make each of us unique, just like the special bond you share with Joey.

Wishing you and Joey many more years of laughter, love, and companionship. May your days be filled with the warmth that only a feline friend like Joey can provide.

Warm regards,
Jim
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for the kind words, Jim.

Yes, Joey is my little companion and his feline ways fascinate, entertain and endear.

My best to you and Candy.

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Ready for my close-up, Mr Goldwyn:

ImageJade by chrism229, on Flickr

RIP, Jade. You were a good cat.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Shavermeister

Post by Shavermeister »

CMur12 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:56 pm Thanks for the kind words, Jim.

Yes, Joey is my little companion and his feline ways fascinate, entertain and endear.

My best to you and Candy.

- Murray
Hello Murray,

You're very welcome! It's evident that Joey holds a special place in your heart, and the bond you share with him shines through your words. Feline companions indeed have a way of captivating us with their unique personalities, bringing a mix of fascination, entertainment, and endearment into our lives.

Thank you for your warm wishes to Candy and me. May your days with Joey continue to be filled with joy, laughter, and the special moments that make the companionship of our furry friends so precious.

Best regards,
Jim
Shavermeister

Post by Shavermeister »

drmoss_ca wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:03 am Ready for my close-up, Mr Goldwyn:

ImageJade by chrism229, on Flickr

RIP, Jade. You were a good cat.
Hello Dr. Moss,

I'm deeply touched by the beautiful tribute you've shared to your late cat, Jade. The image captures a moment of love and companionship, and it's evident that Jade was not just a pet but a cherished member of your family.

Losing a furry friend is never easy, and my heart goes out to you during this time of remembrance. Jade's memory lives on in the warmth of the moments you shared and the love that echoes in the image you've so graciously shared with us.

Pets have a unique way of leaving paw prints on our hearts, and it's clear that Jade left an indelible mark on yours. May the fond memories of the time you spent together bring comfort and solace as you remember the joy and companionship Jade brought into your life.

Sending heartfelt condolences and warm regards,
Jim