Superior 70 Mentolado after shave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Superior 70 Mentolado after shave

Post by brothers »

Early this month I finished off my 12th consecutive full bottle of my all-time favorite aftershave. The new bottle's currently in use and there are 12 new unopened bottles in the cabinet, waiting patiently to take their turn when the time comes. When I break out a new bottle, I always add 1/3 of a tube of 444 balm and about 1/3 cup of menthol. It comes from the factory already pretty well mentholated, but I like it very strong, and that's why I add more. It smells good. The fragrance doesn't last long and that's the way I like it. Whenever I splash it on my freshly shaved face it has a good solid sting. Twelve used up and (after the current one) twelve more to go!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Superior 70 Mentolado after shave

Post by drmoss_ca »

Wow! You must really like that stuff. I haven't used 12 bottles of anything....
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Re: Superior 70 Mentolado after shave

Post by brothers »

Apparently the current products from Superior 70 (Puerto Rico) are only two kinds, all of which are NOT the same as mine. I bought mine several years ago when a very powerful hurricane hit PR and the old original (non-Bay Rum) stuff wasn't available from the factory, but I did locate about 18 bottles from an internet vendor, at a very reasonable price, probably about half of what the Bay Rum and the Alcoholado current sell for, but Mentolado is not available.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444