QED Man bars vs. Triple Milled Shea butter soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
hedonist

QED Man bars vs. Triple Milled Shea butter soap

Post by hedonist »

Which one would you guys consider gentler for use on the body? I find that soaps bars tend to be harsher than body wash but those with added shea butter are much gentler than regular triple milled bar soap. I have yet to try the QED Man bars.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i have really liked using the CUBE soap that i had gotten for shaving. it is very slick, so slick that if you use it on your soles of your feet in the shower, you could slip. very moisturizing i am guessing. not melting like some glycerine soaps i have used. i like the molton brown hot pepper recharge shower gel, but that is the only scent that has knocked my socks off.

sam
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

tngentleman1 wrote:i have really liked using the CUBE soap that i had gotten for shaving.
What cube soap?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

DA CUBE. charles roberts cube, though i did not get it from him. it is a soap made from like 72% vegtable oil, chock full of glycerin. lots of discussions were had in wetshavers about it. some guys load up their brush with the cube and then use a dollop of cream. it never did anything for me. so the soap sat in my soap dish for like 4 months. i decided to hacksaw it in half and use half in the shower and half as a face soap. as crowley would say, slick as goose snot. some guys may be able to comment better. go to savonsoaps or some website like that. it is a marseilles soap.

sam
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Ugh I cant use that stuff for showering. Marseilles soap doesnt smell all that good and leaves residue on my skin.
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

Hey Hedon (Ya' mind if I call ya' that for short?)
I noticed the same thing. Always feel that residue. :P It's like I need to wash again...
Regards
Ron
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

my thought was that it was the glycerin, just a higher concentration of it. it is slick, and i guess that is why charles roberts like it as a base, so to speak. i have a bar of caswell massey #6 i am gonna hit in hot summer

sam
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

The slick i believe is a olive oil that you are feeling from what i gathered. I don't think there is glycerine in marsailles soap. There is a link to one of the better marsailles soaps out there on our links page for shopping etc. The stuff is not as hard as some of the soaps that you buy in stores. It seems a lot fresher and isn't quite as hard and absorbs water easier.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

The QED bar is much like the Baxter bar. Same quality, same clean, same stripping. Its not severe like other bars but its still there. Hell its worth a shot at only $3.50.