QED soaps

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
macmini

QED soaps

Post by macmini »

I've just started using QED soaps. I get a great shave with them, but I've noticed that the lather is not quite as rich as the lather of the English creams. Is this normal or am I not getting the right water/soap proportions?

Thanks.
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Nope, the lather just isnt the same. You can try to whip it up in a separate bowl and it will get a bit better but it still doesn't hold weight to English cream IMHO.
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Macmini,
I have found that it is true that the initial lather generated by the QED soaps is not as profuse as that produced by English Creams, but if you generate lather from the QED soap in a bowl you can get lather equal to the English Creams. It does take a little more work with the QED soap, but the results are well worth it.
Randy
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

I have found that the QED soap is the only soap to create as heavy of a lather as the creams when lathering on my face.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
AACJ
Bot Monitor, Poll Lover

Where is QED soaps

Post by AACJ »

I have been to the QED website and cannot find the soaps that you all are talking about. Could someone post a direct link to their soaps.. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

thanks
Art

"This world would be a much better place if people didn't enjoy being victims so much." - Reggs
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Art, you are looking in the right place. The soaps are not listed. Either call or email QED.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I'm violating shaving cream embargo and getting some of the QED soaps next week tubs of Lime, Lavander and Sandalwood, along with a stick of Rose and probably another stick...I can't wait to try these out!
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Evening, I agree with Hedonist, the lather from the QED soaps was not, for me, as rich and lubricating as the finest English creams, even when lathered in a bowl, although I thought it was a good shave product. Regards, Gordon
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i used the lavendar stick tonight. with a feather straight. it was different rubbing it over the face and then generating lather. it petered out after the third pass, but it was a good shave.

does the lavendar smell to you like lemon? i was thinking more floral but i got more of a citrus/acidic smell to this.

sam
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, I don't know how familiar you are with lavender. Although it is technically classified as a 'floral', it has a rather sharp, 'clean' smell. The QED Lavender shave soap that I have has a straight, and nice lavender scent. Personally, I don't find it to be any 'better' then the lavenders from some of the English firms, but it is similiar. Regards, Gordon
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i am not all that familiar with lavendar. i got that lavendar water from TJ Maxx to spritz on the bed. smells allright. that lavendar shave stick did not smell all that much like it. i ordered a root english lavendar candle and will burn it tonight, but in the bottle, it smells more floral then clean. i guess it is a scent that will grow on me, but not like the rose or violet

it is a different feeling to just rub it on your face first. i will try it more as a touchup for my neck, kinda like some guys use the jojoba oil on the touch up

sam