Proraso Pre and Aftershave Cream

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
hedonist

Proraso Pre and Aftershave Cream

Post by hedonist »

Does anyone have an ingredients list for this item?
SurfFisherman
Bargain Detector

Post by SurfFisherman »

Hedonist-

In order: Water, Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Camphor, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Menthol, Fragrance, Cetearyl Alcohol, Eucalyptol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

(It's written in very small type, but I think I got it right.)
Chris G
New York City
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

Thanks dude, ive been wanting to check out that list for a while now! I am big on avoiding comedogenic items. It seems this stuff has no pore clogging elements. I'd like to hear feedback from guys with combination skin, did this make you oily or cause acne?
tigert

Post by tigert »

I have oily skin and this stuff is a bit heavy for me as an aftershave, it does work great as a pre shave though and hasn't caused any breakouts. The proraso liquid cream aftershave works much better for my skin. I probably wouldn't repurchase either of them though as baxter aftershave works just as well at a lower cost. I haven't tried their other 'aftershave splash' product, it looks like a toner..
Dragon, Interrupted

Post by Dragon, Interrupted »

I've been using this stuff for a few weeks now, and I have combo skin. My complexion has actually improved with this, coupled with Proraso soap. I have always been afraid of trying new things with my skin, but Proraso products are fantastic. Give it a go; your face will thank you :D

~James
blackgrass
Mandolin Twanger (sans drool)

Post by blackgrass »

It is a bit on the heavy side but I really enjoy it as a post shave cream. I really think it helps out tremendously with bumps, pimples, irritation and whatever ails ya.

For a lighter cream Charles/QED sent a sample of his moisturizer and it is very nice stuff as well. It doesn’t have the same cooling effect as the Proraso but goes on lighter and seems to absorb somewhat better. You might try it as well. I would recommend both products. I also love the shave soap by Proraso and it goes well with the post shave cream.
Ben
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

blackgrass wrote: For a lighter cream Charles/QED sent a sample of his moisturizer and it is very nice stuff as well.
Ben

His moisturizer?! Charles makes a moisturizer?
blackgrass

Post by blackgrass »

It is actually the MaleFace brand. I'm pretty sure it is the only MaleFace product that Charles carries. He sent me a sample so I don't have the packaging. I was running a bit late to work today and just grabbed the sample and applied it while driving in to work....nice stuff!
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

If you think the MaleFace is good stuff you should really try Baxters oil free moisturizer, it is really GREAT. It absorbs fully had no coloring or fragrance and has never caused any breakouts.
Last edited by hedonist on Thu May 26, 2005 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackgrass

Post by blackgrass »

Where do you get the Baxters?
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

jdtx3302

Post by jdtx3302 »

I second the baxter's. It is really good stuff. No breakouts for me since i have been using it.
Justin
Texas
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Hedonist,

Is that baxters moisturizer much different from the version with SPF15 protection? I find the spf version to leave my skin somewhat oily towards the end of the day and has a slight "sunblock lotion scent" which I tolerate. The scent is light but I really do like unscented creams instead.

Vince
:::Vince:::
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

vince: i used the baxter spf moisturizer. great product. however, i would prefer the california north action moisturizer. went on lighter, not as slick and i was not as oily at the end of the day.

HOWEVER, here is something that is working better for me. thayers witch hazel with rose over a toner. i dont get dry with it, and sure, there is not as much brown on my cotton pad as with a toner, but i am not getting breakouts. i also use natureade 80 aloe vera gel and not any other moisturizer or balm. i dont find my skin any drier, but i do know this: i am not oily at lunch time as i was, or if so, it must be half as much oily. i do when i shave like to use the coral skin food as a glycerin moisturizer and it seals my face. since i have been doing this about 8 months, not nearly as much t-zone oil

sam
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

tngentleman1 wrote:vince: i used the baxter spf moisturizer. great product. however, i would prefer the california north action moisturizer. went on lighter, not as slick and i was not as oily at the end of the day.

sam
Sam: We are not reffering to the Baxters spf moisturizer, we are reffering to the new Baxters oil free, see the link above. It is way lighter than the Baxters Supershape.