Pocket Knife Blades

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
rsp1202

Re: Pocket Knife Blades

Post by rsp1202 »

I used to work at Guns & Ammo, so we had lots of things in the vault to keep us occupied when not on magazine deadline. At Christmas time we'd exchange SAKs for gifts, and I've been using an Executive ever since. The only time I came close to losing it was when I had to leave it outside a Federal building before entering. In a rush, I looked around for an inconspicuous hiding place, finding only a forlorn-looking old garbage can, which I lifted and placed the knife under. When I returned, I was pleasantly surprised that the SAK was still there -- along with a couple similar knives -- so out of sheer chance I had picked the drop spot.
Ron
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Buy her a knife? Hell no, that'd be worse than teaching her to shoot.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Take her to dinner. Leave the knives for another time and place. Enroll yourself in a knife - making session and consider it a new hobby you can engage in without her approval or permission, presumably. If she is strongly opposed, keep her happy and forsake the knives. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Or take up cooking and develop an interest in chef knives.
Regards,
Squire
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I always purchase my knives at smokymountainknifeworks.com. They have a huge inventory. Once when I went to Pigeon Forge, Tenn. I saw their store and went there. It was a huge multi-level place with a lot of knife lovers looking around. I am cheap and one of their online salesmen told me to try Rough Rider knives because the steel used was as good as any. I have had and lost so many over the years. am currently using a tiny RR194 two blade because it fits my pocket so well that I don't have it falling out. I had trouble with loosing Victorinox knives because they are so slippery. One knife I really miss is a Blackhills Steel Small Saddlehorn (BKH-111DBL). It had a blue bone handle. I have given model numbers in case you want to look at them.
Ouchmychin (Pete)