Feather Artist Club.... now I am getting somewhere!

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
karim0028

Post by karim0028 »

Hey Chris,

Are you a real doctor? If so, whats your specialty?

-Hytham
-"Life without emotion is no more than death in disguise"
karim0028
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Seven days a week Chris seven days! I see it with the family doctor & the rest of us here in the hills of Vermont. Hell, weekends don't exist here. The church bells on Sunday remind everyone it's...oh Sunday. By the way I have certainly perfected my use of the Feather DE blade-Am I heading towards Feather straights? God I wish it was Sunday-a prayer may be needed for me.

Max
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

Chris, it souns like you're really suffering with this effortless perfection. You seek to be pining for a little grief.
Joe
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

third day with the feather. #1: guys, if you contemplate getting this, just let it barely glide the surface.

results: this razor removes more stubble in one north to south pass and then a south to north pass than any razor i have used, even the mach 3 turbo that tore my neck up. this is the only razor that i would even dare to stop after just these two passes and say i was done. i would have shaved off 90% of the stubble on my cheeks and about 80% on my neck. following the two passes, i do crossways passes as best i can, and then i get 100% on the cheeks and about 90% of the neck.

this might be a razor that someone who wants to try straights would want to try. i have not used the guards so someone else can comment. also, i really would recommend the dovo shavette first and then this one. i hear the dovo shavette more mimics a straight then the plastic ones.

i have a feeling i may be able to get 10 shaves out of one blade. third shave and that blade is still super sharp

sam
zebo

Post by zebo »

Which Feather blades are you guys using?

I'm getting closer and closer to buying.....can't resist.......!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i got the professionals too. ray told me that he could discern no difference. i like ray. he told me that he could pick up damn near any razor he carries and that on more than half the occassions,he uses the feather with professional blades. he also suggested to go with the wire-guarded blades for like 5 blades and then switch. but i was fairly comfortable with a straight already. if you arent, then i would go with the wireguards.

chris is right, i have not yet reached for the one straight razor i have since i got the feather. but i am gonna learn honing. i like the hefty weight of a conventional straight and my TI bison is a heavy one compared to the dovo bismarck i had. i can use the feather to touch up or when i am in a rush, or heck, maybe shave with the TI on SPECIAL Days

sam
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

Hey, Chris you sound almost giddy. I thought I saw your picture smile.
Joe
karim0028

Post by karim0028 »

Hey Chris,

What do you mean by more feedback; can you go into more detail about it? From your experience with both Professional and Super; which one would you recommend i get the next time i order? Again i am currently using the Guarded ones but, im not getting as close as i want with it so i will be ordering the new blades soon.....

Thanks,
Hytham
karim0028
karim0028

Post by karim0028 »

First off thanks Joel and Chris...

But, that still makes me ask... Arent the Super blades supposed to be better than the Pro's? So, why would you feel the hair being cut w/ the super vs. the pro? Which as i gather from Chris's "hot knife through butter" remark that chris feels that the pro's are sharper... Why is it that you get more feedback from the super (and is that a good thing)?

-Hytham
karim0028
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

tonight, i shaved with my ti and touched up with the feather straight. first time i would leave the house not having touched up with a DE. the hollows of my neck are good, and i still have the tough spot under my goatee, but hey, only i could know it was there and even then, only by touch

sam
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

just an update. 5th shave with the feather and a professional blade was just as close or closer than the TI razor after using 0.5 green handamerican paste.

i have a tough neck as the hair grows every direction. the feather shaves me the best in the hollows and i am using it to touch up after my TI shaves, assuming that the feather is not the primary shaver that day. i think i will be able to get 7 to 10 shaves per blade.

sam