Trumper's Eucris vs. Green Floreka Hairdressing

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
ksteryous

Trumper's Eucris vs. Green Floreka Hairdressing

Post by ksteryous »

Has anyone tried Trumper's Green Floreka Hairdressing? I've used the Eucris for some time now, and really like it, but I also want something without the oil. I love the fragrance of the Eucris, and I was wondering if the Green Floreka is similar. Anyone?

Thanks,
Kenton
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Hello Kenton,

The Green Floreka has a bit less oil than the Eucris. Eucris was about the heaviest hair dressing you could get. Here's a quote from an old bottle of Green Floreka:

"This is the most recent preparation introduced by the art of the perfumer.It will be found most suitable to those who dislike the heavy compounds as usually introduced. Its use is most beneficial by its action on the scalp. It eliminates all dandruff and keeps the hair in a most healty condition".

They used to make an Amber Floreka which was heavier than the green. (confusing ain't it!) The San Remo, another discontinued goodie, was very light and had a very plesant smell. At one time Trumper had 9 different hair preparations but you know how that goes.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Kenton, Regretably, as Bill suggested, I don't believe that Trumper offers a classic style hairdressing that is completely without oil anymore. San Remo was the one such that they sold for generations, but, apparently, along with a number of other excellent products, it is gone now.
Regards,
Gordon
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Trumpers does offer West Indian Limes Hair Cream that contains no oils.
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Austin wrote:Trumpers does offer West Indian Limes Hair Cream that contains no oils.
Good point. I forgot about the "newer" preparations. "Floral Cream" may be another one if they are still making that this week!

The limes sounds like a nice choice for Summer.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Andrew, I know. That's why I phrased it; "classic style...". I figured that since Kenton was talking about Eucris and Floreka, that that is the sort of thing that he had in mind. The Lime hair cream is a different sort of critter. Bill, as you suspected, the Floral Hair Cream has joined San Remo, and so many other fine products in the 'dead file'. The whole thing is just a crying shame really.
Regards,
Gordon
ksteryous

Post by ksteryous »

Actually, I think they still make the Green and Amber Floreka, in addition to the Eucris. But they've done away with all the rest. I really like the scent of the Eucris, but sometimes the oil is a little much. I also have a bottle of the Amber with no oil, and it does a great job, but I prefer the scent of the Eucris.

Maybe I'll give the Green a try...but I'm still really, really ticked off about not being able to get them in the glass bottles anymore (frown).

Kenton
ksteryous

Post by ksteryous »

Trumperman wrote: They used to make an Amber Floreka which was heavier than the green. (confusing ain't it!)

Regards,

Bill
Bill, yes it is confusing. Prior to all of Trumper's re-design, re-packaging ordeal, the descriptions were always what you said...the Amber being heavier than the Floreka. Today, if you look on their website, they describe just the opposite...the Amber being medium, and the Green being "Heavy". Go figure...

Kenton
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Kenton,

I guess in a effort to "move' the Amber Floreka they had to change the description so as not to scare off potential purchases. When will the craziness end?

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Kenton, If you have the time, and don't mind spending a few bucks, you might want to consider calling D R Harris in London. As far as I know, they still offer a number of classic scented hairdressings, and each is available in varying concentrations of oil ( or none at all ). And, they're still in glass bottles. If I used hairdressing, Harris's is who I'd be dealing with these days.
Regards,
Gordon
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

You may also want to consider Pashana hair lotions. They come with oil and without. They have several nice scents available.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The deletion of Floral Cream preceded the current changes. It has not been offered for quite some time, perhaps even as long as four-five years. I used to use it because, despite its name, it seemed fragrance free. Although I like most of the Limes products, for some reason I don't care for the Limes hair cream fragrance.

Ken
Ken

Post by Ken »

Interesting about the Amber/Green Floreka business. Kenton is not quite right about the website description of the Amber. The website describes the Amber as "medium to firm" (not just "medium" as Kenton wrote) as does the catalogue. He is correct about the description of the green. The website does describe the Green as "heavy." However, the catalogue describes the Green as "medium." Since Amber has always been the heavier one, I suspect that somebody used the wrong word on the website, not that the two products have reversed their characteristics. Is there anybody here who actually uses both?

Ken
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Ken,

I've never used either but I used to use the San Remo. It may well have been a typo (probably why Trumper dumped Glazier Designs!)

Here's a picture from a catalogue dating back to the early 80's of the Floreka. It sure had a cool old label.

Kenton better figure out which Floreka he wants to use while they still have some. Trumper used to keep some preparations in stock exclusively for the "locals". I believe that Gordon and I scored the last two bottles of Fougena that were in existence. We were emphatically told that they had no more in stock. Things are dwindling there daily.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bill, Yeah, more then likely, or at least damn close to the very last bottles. Interesting how, in those catalogues from as late as the earlier '80s, some of the bottles still display their Warrant from Geoge VI, not even Queen Elizabeth! And yes, the packaging was superb;....those marvelous ceramic pots of shave cream, and the old style Spanish Leather labels....sigh....
Regards,
Gordon
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Gordon,

Speaking of the wonderful old labels here's a tease for the guys:

I must win the Power Ball to straighten up all this muck.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Bill, Ah.....I was afraid you might do that....sigh....poor fellows....and poor us....bought your lottery tickets this week, have you?
Regards,
Gordon
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Resurrecting this thread: What does the Hairdressing too vis a vis pomade. I tend to put the pomade on a bit too thick. I have the Lime Cream and it is a great scent but provides No Shine and very little hold for my fine and thin hair. Id try Pashana if that is what someone thinks I should do. Over at Knox Cigar, they show Amber as medium to firm and Eucris as firm and Green is shown as firm at trumpers
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, Well, with the classic hairdressings, like Eucris, the 'hold' is provided by oil. With pomades, it's wax. So, the pomades have even more hold, and a somewhat 'stiff' feel. This classic dressings are more like Vitalis in type, if you're familiar with that.
Regards,
Gordon
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Questions: Does the Pashanas or Trumpers or Vitalis do something more or other that the Pomade does not do? Like condition the hair or scalp? With my short hair, Im fine with lesser hold, and were the Trumpers Limes Cream adding more sheen, that would be fine.