SUPER IRIDIUMS

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
gil3591

SUPER IRIDIUMS

Post by gil3591 »

just tried my first super iridium. it's hard to shave when you're smiling! :lol: what a nice blade! i need to try it back to back with a gillette yellow to make a good comparison, the price that paul gave the smf guys was really super. he's selling them for more than the gillettes on his website. if he's still giving the forum guys the special price i say, buy as many as you can. same advice squire gave me :wink: if this blade beats out the gillette i'll need to buy a lifetime supply.
once again i found squire's blade reviews to be right on. thanks squire!
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
Stubblefield

Post by Stubblefield »

Pleas post up when you have compared the two, would be interested in your take. I have been shaving with the yellows, and just ordered up some SI's based on Squires review plus the positive comments that others have made.
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

Stubblefield wrote:Pleas post up when you have compared the two, would be interested in your take. I have been shaving with the yellows, and just ordered up some SI's based on Squires review plus the positive comments that others have made.
my second shave was better than the first. i'm thinking they are a tad smoother than the gillettes and very slightly sharper.
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
Adeptus_Minor

Post by Adeptus_Minor »

Bryce tossed one of these in a little pack of blades he sent me when I bought a NEW from him.
Since Paul is offering a bulk buy discount on them I figured I might as well give it a try just to see if it would be a good investment.

...honestly... why didn't you people clue me in sooner?
This is an excellent blade.
I would agree that it is easily on par with the yellow 7 o'clocks, which I also favor.
A chin / Where barbed wire / Bristles stand / Is bound to be / A no ma'ams land / Burma-Shave
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

Where is Paul selling?
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

Shave4Fun wrote:Where is Paul selling?
go to the shopping forum on this site and you'll see<"super iridiums" at connaught. pm paul that you want the iridiums and he'll pm you back with a link to his checkout page. i did the math. if you buy from connaught's website you'll pay 27 cents per blade with a 250 blade purchase. if you buy thru this site as a smf member the blades will be 17 cents each. that's $25.00 saving. i bought 250 based on recommendations from this site. i like the blade so much now that i've used it that i ordered 250 yesterday thru paul. i didn't want to risk losing his offer to us on this site or even having these blades get discontinued. for me this blades stays smooth and sharp longer than anyother i have tried.
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
rbaloha

Top Notch Blade

Post by rbaloha »

Shaved with this blade using em's pre shave oil, merkur slant, Italian Palmolive Mentolo and $21 ebay silvertip badger.

Much hype accompanies this blade. As a newbie wanted to try this blade but learned it was discontinued.

Recently it was posted Connaught was offering this blade. Based on outstanding reviews purchased the blades.

Amazed how the blade glides over the face without much feeling. With a feather a shaver knows its working due to the cutting sound. Smooth smooth and very forgiving than feathers and gillette yellows. Technique is not as crucial as opposed to lower cost blades in which a shaver must have great technique and more passes to achieve a decent shave.

Less passes are required. Its hard to describe the wonderful feel of this blade but one is extremely satisfied when done.

Price is comparable to a gillette yellow and probably lasts twice as long as cheaper priced blades. Thus its cost effective. Buy them before they become unavailable.
Shave4Fun

Super Iridiums

Post by Shave4Fun »

I just ordered 250 from Paul at .19 cents each, total. If these are as good as guys on here say, then they are a better deal than anything I've seen anywhere recently.

Caio,

Roger
Roger

gil3591

Re: Super Iridiums

Post by gil3591 »

Shave4Fun wrote:I just ordered 250 from Paul at .19 cents each, total. If these are as good as guys on here say, then they are a better deal than anything I've seen anywhere recently.

Caio,

Roger
as squire said, why use a substandard blade when you can use a great blade! i bet you'll order another 250 after you've tried your first one. i usually toss a blade after three shaves. with the iridium i went 5 shaves and was still as sharp as new. it wasn't quite as smooth but i'm chalking that up to the fact that i switch from tobs cream to experiment with col conks soap. i'm going to use up my feather's, and gillette 7 o'clocks first . then all i'll have are the iridiums. it will all be good after that! geez! i should be a sales person for these things! please excuse my enthusiasm but i love these blades!
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

i'm thinking that maybe squire should re-evaluate this blade and rate it higher than a feather. it may not be quite as sharp but in all other categories i feel it beats a feather. but then i'm a newbie and just had a gin and tonic so take it for what it's worth! :lol:
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Gil, it's a little late in the day to start drinking. You should be on G&T #3!

:wink:

I got my only sample of this blade after they'd already been discontinued, and I have only vague recollections, but I've ordered some from Paul because, you know, why not? I don't know when I'll use them, but they'll shave someone someday.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I did try one a long while back from a sampler Giovanni sent me.
I don't remember how it performed, but I do remember the names of 2 other blades that I liked.
Nonetheless, I like what I have read about them, especially Squire's review and took advantage of Paul's' offer on the Iridiums. I'm hoping they are close to the Swedes as I still prefer the Swedes over the 7 o'clocks.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

I got 6 good shaves from my last Feather. I get about 7 from the 7 O'Clock Yellow, and 8 from a Swede, but they all cost more than these did today.
Roger

gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

TBoner wrote:Gil, it's a little late in the day to start drinking. You should be on G&T #3!

:wink:

I got my only sample of this blade after they'd already been discontinued, and I have only vague recollections, but I've ordered some from Paul because, you know, why not? I don't know when I'll use them, but they'll shave someone someday.

Regards,
actually i was on #3 but didn't want to give a bad impression! :lol:
i can't use up my other blades soon enough. i'm giving my dr. harris razor to my girlfriend with my other blades :P
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Gil, glad to hear you aren't slacking. I get off work in 26 minutes. Then it's off to the store for limes, lemons, and olives. I expect my bottle of Beefeater will get a workout this weekend.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

TBoner wrote:Gil, glad to hear you aren't slacking. I get off work in 26 minutes. Then it's off to the store for limes, lemons, and olives. I expect my bottle of Beefeater will get a workout this weekend.

Regards,
dude! you need to upgrade to tanqueray! i figure a few of these and the futur will be putty in my hands :lol:
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

Nitrox wrote:I did try one a long while back from a sampler Giovanni sent me.
I don't remember how it performed, but I do remember the names of 2 other blades that I liked.
Nonetheless, I like what I have read about them, especially Squire's review and took advantage of Paul's' offer on the Iridiums. I'm hoping they are close to the Swedes as I still prefer the Swedes over the 7 o'clocks.
keep us posted on your impression of these blades
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

gil3591 wrote:
TBoner wrote:Gil, glad to hear you aren't slacking. I get off work in 26 minutes. Then it's off to the store for limes, lemons, and olives. I expect my bottle of Beefeater will get a workout this weekend.

Regards,
dude! you need to upgrade to tanqueray! i figure a few of these and the futur will be putty in my hands :lol:
Tanqueray is good, but it tastes like Tanqueray, with a very specific house character that makes it less versatile for some older cocktails that I like. Beefeater works in Negronis, Martinis, G&T, Last Words, Pegu Clubs, and Bijous (most of which will be made in some form tonight with some friends who are coming over). I do keep some Tanq around, though. Truthfully, my favorite gin is Broker's, which is also versatile and a bit cheaper than Beefeater, but this is all a digression.

What now? Blades? Super Iridiums? That should be a gin drink: hard-edged, sharp, smooth, cutting through the muck; yet also classic and understated. Hmmm...I'll have to play with a recipe.

I will also try out the blades soon (sober) and see what I think.

Regards,
Regards,
Tim

gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

TBoner wrote:
gil3591 wrote:

Regards,
Tanqueray is good, but it tastes like Tanqueray, with a very specific house character that makes it less versatile for some older cocktails that I like. Beefeater works in Negronis, Martinis, G&T, Last Words, Pegu Clubs, and Bijous (most of which will be made in some form tonight with some friends who are coming over). I do keep some Tanq around, though. Truthfully, my favorite gin is Broker's, which is also versatile and a bit cheaper than Beefeater, but this is all a digression.

What now? Blades? Super Iridiums? That should be a gin drink: hard-edged, sharp, smooth, cutting through the muck; yet also classic and understated. Hmmm...I'll have to play with a recipe.

I will also try out the blades soon (sober) and see what I think.

Regards,
well, i just used my new futur for the second time. that sobered me up but good! it's not the razor for me :cry: i really wanted to like it but it doesn't like me!
Gil
iridium ,blue IP
dirty bird
and a prayer
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good blades guys, gettem while you can.
Regards,
Squire