Did I just unock the secret to a painless BBS?

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
shmittytheloverboy

Did I just unock the secret to a painless BBS?

Post by shmittytheloverboy »

So yesterday I decided to do just one WTG pass for bulk reduction using TOBS lavender cream, then left it at that. This morning using MWF and DR Harris Marlborough in a super lather, I achieved a painless, irritation free BBS, and did it quickly! That lather was creamy and slick! :D
"The light you see at the end of the tunnel is the front of an on coming train." David Lee Roth
shmittytheloverboy

Well anyways, it was the smoothest, most painless shave I have had in about a year.
"The light you see at the end of the tunnel is the front of an on coming train." David Lee Roth
SmallTank

Post by SmallTank »

I watched a youtube video and the guy explained the longer you wait..the more the face secretes "natural" facial oils...made me think..3 days is a nice wait

Personally I found it just depends on the weather, as well..some days shaves are better than others..sometimes the lather is better than some..on and on..

ST :roll:
shmittytheloverboy

Maybe it was more oily because I only did 1 pass the previous day?
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

even though lather and soap and cream quaility pay a part of the shave experience..

your shave is supposed to be painless..

i shave daily and have a full heavy beard and i have shaved with de razors since the 1970's.. and once i got the technique down my shaves have always been painless.. and till the mid 1980's i didnt use a brush and my soap and lather was for sure sub-par...

so my point is,,,yes better lather and soap or cream helps with out a doubt
but there are other factors to a painless and close shave..

also as another point to the discussion.. there are pros and cons to shaving daily and to shaving just every other day or even every few days

personally i feel the less beard growth i have the easier it is for me to shave.. this may not be the case for others..since beard growth and the natural oils on the skin are so different from one person to another

find what works and go with that..i wouldnt ever think or say that one part of the total sum of things puts the shave over the top...

but it can help so much
marc
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

This morning using MWF
Ah! wait until the fatties see this........wooo hooo :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Sensitive_Skin

Post by Sensitive_Skin »

It doesn't have anything to do with secreting natural oils or whatever, that happens naturally everyday. Your shave was better because after 3 days your hair was softer/less coarse than if you shaved every day or even every other day. Also since your hair was longer it could stand up easier and reduce the chance of in-grown hairs while shaving. Shaving with the grain also makes the hair grow back more even and less coarse. ATG for men with sensitive skin is not a good idea. I do a 2 two ATG only shave twice a week and achieve BBS every time...I'm also ridiculously hairy (like a monkey/Robin Williams) and with folliculitis/very very sensitive skin.
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

The right tools, the right technique, and MWF gets it done every time....... :D

Regards,
David
Regards,
David
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I wonder if longer whiskers act as wicks that can soften the wetted beard. I am goint to try using a little Vaseline after my shower to simulate high natural oils. I shaved yesterday with waterless method, but today I am going to mix some Tabac cream and Tabac soap to build a simulated super lather. Then I will see haw close I can get with a new Feather blade in my Fatboy set to 5.
We'll see!
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

fallingwickets wrote:
This morning using MWF
Ah! wait until the fatties see this........wooo hooo :lol:

clive
In a word:

W...E...N...D...E...L...L

\:D/