Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
My best friend and I are visiting New Orleans (me for the first time) in a couple of weeks, and I have a couple of questions.
- Has anyone taken the "Behind the Lines" tour at the WWII Museum? Is there anything special I should make sure to see? (We plan to spend much of the day at the Museum after the 9:00-noon tour.)
- Are there any other particularly interesting things in the rest of the museum's collection?
- We have some time on Friday evening, plus Saturday evening and the early half of Sunday. While avoiding Final Four fans (I *swear* that we didn't know about this event when we picked the weekend) is there anything we must do besides eating ourselves senseless?
- Last, it's Palm Sunday and I have enjoyed going to Mass in strange cities before (even when i don't speak the language). Any R.C. churches close to our hotel in the French Quarter?
Thanks in advance for any advice!!
- Posts: 1973
- Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:37 pm
- Location: Rhode Island
wenestvedt wrote:Last, it's Palm Sunday and I have enjoyed going to Mass in strange cities before (even when i don't speak the language). Any R.C. churches close to our hotel in the French Quarter?- Will
The Cathedral is in the French Quarter. Head to the river. Across from the Cafe du Monde. Its large and white, so its hard to miss!
- Posts: 1957
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:57 pm
- Location: Denver, Colorado USA
Yes Will, the Cathedral would be a great choice. I haven't been to the WW11 Museum since before Katrina and although I understand the artifacts were preserved I don't know how the exhibits are currently set up. Perhaps you can post a full report.
- Squadron Leader
- Posts: 16819
- Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:41 pm
- Location: Jackson, MS
Return to The Gentlemen's Parlor
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests