Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:13 am
Just wanted to say a quick hello. I started shaving with a DE about two months month ago. I thought I would save some money on Fusion carts and I'm about $800 + in razors, blades, brushes, soaps, aftershaves etc. so far...and I love it! No complaints!
- Posts: 7253
- Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:41 pm
- Location: Moses Lake, Washington, USA
Welcome, Chris! It sounds like you already hit that slippery sloap.
- Posts: 20980
- Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:18 am
- Location: Oklahoma City USA
Hi Chris. Thanks for joining SMF!
SOTD 99%: Every other day, soaps & creams, synthetic / boar / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
- Posts: 695
- Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:36 am
- Location: Eastern Tennessee
Welcome. Looking forward to reading your posts and sharing your journey.
- Posts: 3460
- Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:39 am
- Location: Port Washington, NY
Welcome to the group. It seems the RAD has struck you. Enjoy!
-Neal (DE user since 1998)
I shave therefore I am
- Squadron Leader
- Posts: 18932
- Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:41 pm
- Location: North East, MS
Good morning Chris, welcome aboard.
- Clive the Thumb
- Posts: 8620
- Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:59 am
I'm about $800 + in razors, blades, brushes,
de gustibus non est disputandum
- Posts: 778
- Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:54 am
- Location: Woodstock Vermont
Hang in there Chris...it only gets better!
- Posts: 3018
- Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:23 am
- Location: Redondo Beach, CA
- Posts: 1801
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:20 am
- Location: Halfway between Possum Neck and Possum Holler, Pa
Welcome to SMF. Great having you on board.
- Posts: 1957
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:57 pm
- Location: Denver, Colorado USA
- Posts: 4435
- Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:14 am
- Location: Roanoke, Virginia
Chris, welcome aboard!
“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:03 pm
- Location: Pine Hill,NJ
Welcome Aboard Chris.
- Woolly Bully
- Posts: 10938
- Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:49 am
- Location: Ottawa, Canada
If your collection doesn't include MWF yet, well then ....... you get the idea.
- Posts: 909
- Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:40 am
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
Welcome, come often stay long...
- Posts: 3116
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:13 am
- Location: Central Maine
Well, if you continue to save money at that rate imagine all you'll have saved in 50 years!
Yeah, most of us are saving money the same way you are!
Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite http://www.krampertsfinest.com/
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
- Posts: 2973
- Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:45 pm
- Location: new jersey
welcome to smf, sure looks like you'll fit in here perfectly
- Posts: 837
- Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:38 am
- Location: Decatur, AL
Enjoy your time here.
- Posts: 3070
- Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:15 pm
- Location: Raleigh, NC
Tell us what you are using, and feel free to ask questions!
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
- Posts: 694
- Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:14 am
[quote="cdhumiston"] I'm about $800 + in
Sounds like you're ready to advance to the intermediate level.
Welcome to SMF, Chris.
We can have "RF" stand for "Razor Fiend" for our purposes here.