CRUX shave soap

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
kennethj

CRUX shave soap

Post by kennethj »

Ordered this soap from Charles last week. Tried it yesterday. This was my first small soap, 2.5 inches in diameter and I also bought a 3 inch wide metal bowl to use with the soap. The soap had no noticeable scent at all, see Charles' description on his werbsite. Where this soap takes off is in the lather. I used a boar brush which is not so thick as my silver tip brush. This made it easier to get the whole brush head into the small bowl for swirling. Withinn seconds I had a rich slick lather. Shaving with it was a breeze and left my face feeling quite smooth. I will be getting backups of this one. Today I will try my silver tip brush with it.
JayDee

Re: CRUX shave soap

Post by JayDee »

Who makes it?
kennethj

Post by kennethj »

CRUX Supply Co. in PA. I googled them and they have a line of shaving products. It's not a high end soap, but for $10, I figured it was worth a try. And I am happy with it.
brothers

Post by brothers »

kennethj wrote:CRUX Supply Co. in PA. I googled them and they have a line of shaving products. It's not a high end soap, but for $10, I figured it was worth a try. And I am happy with it.
If you're happy with it, then you've got a winner! Thanks for the report. I have seen that soap on the website and always wonder why we don't hear much about it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good report Kenneth, it's always useful to find a relatively inexpensive product that works.
Regards,
Squire