Cannibidiol CBD - what's up with this stuff?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
ShadowsDad

Re: Cannibidiol CBD - what's up with this stuff?

Post by ShadowsDad » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:11 pm

The evidence that CBD works is so numerous today that to deny it is absolutely ludicrous. It would be like standing in the ocean and claiming one can't find salt water. But it can't be studied here in the US because of the classification that it's in federally, and if one could do a study there would be no money to do it. Many Drs here are trying to get MJ reclassified. Bringing another drug on line that does things other drugs can't do is a good thing. Not all drugs come the drug makers and many drugs in use today were found from biological sources.

Do I use MJ or any of it's components? No. But it's legal in Maine, both medically and recreationally.

The last time I heard on TV that it wasn't a gateway drug the person twisted the idea to make it somehow physiologically addictive in order to be a gateway drug. That's not how it works. It's like the apple in the Garden, a social thing. "Gateway drug" includes no definition to the way it works. Break down one barrier, then the next one is easier. I saw it happen in the military firsthand. Except there MJ wasn't available and the gateway drug was hashish, then the hash was laced with opium, then it was on to heroin. Does it happen to everyone who tries it? No. Many folks know when to walk away.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite http://www.krampertsfinest.com/
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square

brothers

Re: Cannibidiol CBD - what's up with this stuff?

Post by brothers » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Nothing here about CBD today. The Keystone Cops and 3 Stooges together could never have come up with a scripted fiasco as hilarious/devious/confused/embarrassing as our state has done with the aftermath of the recent statewide vote on the use of marijuana. The post-election situation has currently exploding beyond imagining. I won't waste any SMF space attempting to outline what's happened. Much better than a soap opera.
Gary