Kai Original Captain blade

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

Re: Kai Original Captain blade

Post by brothers » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:04 am

This morning was day 1 of a new Kai Original. Looking forward to some close and smooth results all through the month of February.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic & badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444

brothers

Post by brothers » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:17 pm

So far this year, February and April were Kai months; January, March, May etc., are Schick Proline30 blade months (you get the picture). Both brands are well-suited to the V2 General, and to the quirks of my personal shaving technique. Today's #30 smooth and near-perfect shave with the Kai Captain was as good as #1.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic & badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444

Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog » Wed May 06, 2020 12:45 am

Could the Schick and the Kai be the same blades? If I remember right, the Kai DE blades have no markings, so maybe they contract out all their blades.

pausted

Post by pausted » Wed May 06, 2020 7:12 pm

Pauldog wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 12:45 am
Could the Schick and the Kai be the same blades? If I remember right, the Kai DE blades have no markings, so maybe they contract out all their blades.
I don’t know the answer to your question but I can say from experience the two blades perform differently for me. I use the Kai Captain Original frequently and have decided that they are the best AC blades in my General razor. I bought a few of the Schick blades from Try-a- Blade and found that they dull much faster than the Kai blades. Just my experience. YMMV.
Best regards,

Basil

brothers

Post by brothers » Thu May 07, 2020 6:37 am

One of the slotted holes in the Schick blade is shaped differently. Who's to say that both brands may or may not be coming out of the same factory, i.e. Gillette.
Gary