What is the best meal you've had at a restaurant?

Share recipes and tips, or memorable restaurant experiences here.
ClintBarton

What is the best meal you've had at a restaurant?

Post by ClintBarton » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:22 am

Hi,

I enjoy a good meal and will seek out restaurants which have been recommended by others. I'm a big fan of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. In fact, I've been to most of the restaurants Guy Fieri has recommended in my city. I will often go to his website to check out his restaurant recommendations when I'm traveling. Some of the food he has recommended has been really good while some has been alright. My question is what's the best meal you've had at a restaurant? What was the meal, the restaurant, and where is it located (city, state)? As I've stated above I'm always looking for a good restaurant while traveling.Though this restaurant is in a few places across the U.S., Del Frisco's Steakhouse is a favorite of mine. When I want to splurge, I get the 12oz Filet with Jalapeno Bacon Macaroni and Cheese. I'm traveling toward Indiana in a few weeks and have St. Elmo's Steakhouse as my next restaurant destination.

Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:-
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=152660
Animated Video For Business

Thanks!

brothers

Re: What is the best meal you've had at a restaurant?

Post by brothers » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Clint, this is right up my alley. My best meals in my life have been and still are served at my two favorite local establishments here in OKC.

1. Coney Island. Downtown on Main Street between Hudson and Walker on the north side of the street. Same gentleman has owned it since he bought it from the original owner in 1974. Best hot dogs I've ever had. Very limited menu, but my personal favorite is his Greek Spaghetti. A big plate of spaghetti covered in chili, grated cheese, and chopped onions. I add Louisiana Hot Sauce and red pepper. My drink is always a large Coke. I've taken everyone I'm related to and everyone I know down there. Wonderful experience. A couple of blocks from all of the courthouses, government offices, and big city office buildings. Homeless and street people who go inside are placed at the front of the line and are asked to take a seat, whereupon in just a few moments, they are provided with a great free meal and a comfortable place to enjoy it. His walls are adorned with Oklahoma University football win/lose stats starting somewhere in the 1950s. Cheap and good. Cash only, and the owner still greets and serves every customer. A great guy to converse with, already knows what most regulars are going to order. Warning - clowns, jokers, cell phones and fools better move on, because he'll bring all H*** down on anyone who thinks they can cause him, his workers, or his customers any trouble!

2. Tacoville. Been in business at least 50 years. The original owner who created the current menu of staples has passed away, but because of the food and the staff, and loyal customers love it. All of his Mexican menu items are unique and delicious. Nothing fancy here! If anyone's looking for anything other than great food should just go elsewhere. This one happens to be in one of those locations that most folks wouldn't venture into after dark. Hard working folks who know about Tacoville will always keep this one in business. Again, I've invited everyone I know and am related to, but if you must know, some of them are just cowards or think they're just too good to go inside Tacoville. But you know what! I don't care! My wife and kids and grandkids know there's nothing to be afraid of, and the staff are very hard workers and kind to everyone. Definitely cheap and good! Cash only, but they even have an ATM.
Gary