Nascar 2020

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Nascar 2020

Post by brothers » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:56 pm

This week signals the activities and events leading up to the annual Daytona (Florida) 500 race on February 16 at Daytona International Raceway.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic/boar/badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Nascar 2020

Post by Sam » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:23 am

Everytime I drive to Atlanta, from Memphis, I pass by Talledega. I think of Ricky Bobby. I want to go to a Nascar race. I have heard stories, and now with Uber or Lyft, I would be good to go, lol. I have even been by the Atlanta Raceway, which curiously is about 40 miles outside of Atlanta. My cousin did the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Charlotte, and I would love to do something like that. I have heard the night race at Bristol is a lot of fun.

brothers

Post by brothers » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:31 pm

This week's race is the 400 mile at Las Vegas. Last week at Daytona there was a terrible accident on the final lap that could have been a tragedy but thanks to the safety features provided by the structure of the car the driver walked out of the hospital after just 2 days. Everyone who saw the wreck was fearing the worst.

Sam, it would be quite an experience to attend one of the races. I did it once in Texas, and quickly came to the conclusion that the unbelievable roar of the cars and the speed with which they flash across the field of vision from left to right is just too loud and too fast to appreciate it in person. TV viewing is far superior, not to mention a lot less expensive.
Gary

SOTD 99%: soaps & creams, synthetic/boar/badger brushes, General V2 by Colonial, Kai & Schick blades, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444

John Rose

Post by John Rose » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:09 pm

I dunno.
My favourite motorsport is still Figure 8 racing, for the entertainment value.

I notice that the drivers entering the intersection from the left (with cars approaching on the driver's side) tend to be more cautious. [-o<
Don't chase the BBS.
Beware of Ghost Stubble - just ignore it.