Truefitt 1805 cologne won me over

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Truefitt 1805 cologne won me over

Post by brothers »

I've never been into wearing expensive fragrances for the sake of walking around smelling myself. Up to now. I'm currently and eagerly getting ready to buy a bottle of Truefitt & Hill 1805 cologne. There must be some kind of chemical serendipity at work. Whatever it is, regardless of whether anyone else likes it, I'm going to give it a go.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Truefitt 1805 cologne won me over

Post by drmoss_ca »

I hope it works for you, but I remember Gordon saying it was one of their 'modern' scents with the artificial fixative that made it have that 'oceanic' smell. I have only two of their scents, Grafton (odd and disappointing) and Freshman (not original, and also disappointing).
I take it you've had a sample or something so you know you like it?

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Re: Truefitt 1805 cologne won me over

Post by brothers »

Yeah, you've got me! :D Never been within a country mile of it, I must have been just dreaming when I picked up a bottle and sprayed a tester on my shirt sleeve, then spent the rest of the day at work sneaking another and another and another sniff of what I recklessly determined to be the best I've ever experienced. :D :P Where's our friend Gordon when we need him. I should probably defer such important life decisions to the experts that used to exist on the internet (only as recently as 8 years ago before disappearing) instead of clumsily making every day life decisions for myself. \:D/ :-D :-D :wink: .
No offense intended, of course, I hope you know I have a dry sense of humor. I just couldn't pass it by.
I did take some time looking through several hundred of his posts, and the only post of Gordon's I found (fifteen years ago, dated July of 2008) when he deemed two words to be a sure sign of incompetence. 1. "Modern" 2. "Oceanic".
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444