The Moss Scuttle in Winter

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
EL Alamein

The Moss Scuttle in Winter

Post by EL Alamein »

In the morning when the first bell rings and it is Winter it can be a challenge to get out from under the warm comforter to step into the cold room.

The past few mornings have been very cold and now snow blankets the ground. It's still somewhat dark when that first bell goes off but I make my way to the bathroom. Then in the low light of morning when one enters and flicks the switch it's a welcome sight to see the Moss scuttle on the basin. Just waiting like a trusted family servant, like a valet to the King, ready to be filled with hot water to serve you up lather that's warm and pleasing.

And for some reason, it seems the lather from this scuttle is slicker than from other vessels. Maybe it's my imagination but I'll take it.

I've been enjoying the lather immensely from this old friend of mine, especially in Winter. It really delivers the goods to keep me cozy, warm, and give me an excellent shave. Really makes a great way to start the day.

Chris
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: The Moss Scuttle in Winter

Post by drmoss_ca »

I'm very happy to hear it. Warm lather is a luxurious addition to any shave.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I wouldn’t be without my Moss Scuttle any time of year. Unfortunately it’s too heavy and bulky to take along when I travel overseas. My son gave me my first Moss Scuttle for my 65th birthday, eleven years ago; unfortunately, I dropped it just before Covid, but replaced it right away.
Bryan
Nate

Post by Nate »

It took far too long for me to acquire the legendary Moss Scuttle, but I corrected that mistake this past Christmas. Dr. Moss, what’s your preference with regards to size: small, large, or Texas?

Edit: typo
Last edited by Nate on Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I have several, but I prefer the small size for a close fit around the brush.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace