Shave Creams

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mike

Shave Creams

Post by mike »

O.K.
Last edited by mike on Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Mike,

Glad to have you. Be sure and try the english soaps too. I think you will find you like their lather also.

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Mike,

There are far more than 12 steps to this program :twisted:

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
mike

Post by mike »

Last edited by mike on Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Mike welcome.

You have entered the dark side. You are now on the slippery slope of no return. You may want to ask your wife to keep your CC under lock and key.

As Joel said, you have to try Taylor's Mr Taylor cream.....if you dare :twisted:

Steve
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

My name is Nathan, and I have SCAD. I already have two tubs of AOS (unscented and lavender), a tub of Taylors lavender, and one of Trumpers violet. I am now considering Trumpers sandalwood, since I have recently discovered how intoxicating the Trumpers sandalwood cologne is. Where will it all stop?

~ Nathan
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

I alos have SCAD. A severe case I must say.

Nathan? I thought you were the jokeman! :lol:
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

It sounds like you're facing up to the truth, Mike: You're hooked and you can't do anything about it, so you're just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride! That's the way to go. I used to try to justify my growing store of creams by the pleasure I get from variety and change. Whilst that excuse might carry weight in other endeavors (let's not talk about women), it's not entirely flimsy in regard to shaving creams and soaps. (I won't get into the store of bath soaps I've amassed.) It's a pleasure having at least a variety of scents if not a variety of different creams and soaps.

OK, Mike, on to brushes now. Don't tell us you have only one brush. You do? Well, then, you need to do something about that, and the sooner the better ...

Dave T
JackieMartling

Post by JackieMartling »

I can tell a joke or two, but they really aren't fit to print in a gentlemanly forum such as this.

~Nathan
mike

Post by mike »

Last edited by mike on Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

I'm not sure if there's an end in sight, Mike. Just when we're getting to where we've tried most of the traditional shave creams and soaps, along comes new creams from Vulfix and Charles Roberts and a new soap from QEDUSA, all of which we MUST have.

Dave