Home Page | Gallery | PM Inbox | Forum Index  

New shaving goods at Target!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.

New shaving goods at Target!

Postby aybond » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:31 pm

Hello all. I just got a little bit of an inside scoop. I work for Target and have been informed that they are making several changes to their health and beauty line. "Starting 3/05/2006, Target will sell men's creams and razors by brands such as Proraso and others." That is a quote I recieved at work, not my own. Sorry if this is old news. I had just heard it.

Thought some of you might find it interesting to see what happens.

Allen
aybond

Postby Troy » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:45 pm

Thanks, this is the first I've heard of it. That's good news for wetshavers in general, even if you are not a Proraso fan.

-Troy
The difference between theory and reality is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality, but in reality, there is.
--Anonymous
Troy

Postby aircraft_electrician » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:46 pm

Allen, do you know if this will be all Target stores or just the one you work at?

Tom
aircraft_electrician

Postby aybond » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:49 pm

I actually work at one of the distribution centers which services over 60 stores in the central U.S., so I am assuming that it will be at most, if not all stores. To be safe, I would suggest you check the online ad this Sunday in your area.

Allen
aybond

Postby JackieMartling » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Allen, that is good news, although perhaps not for online vendors who sell the stuff. It would so be nice if stores like Target and Walgreen's would carry some interesting stuff, as opposed to just the normal crap from Gillette and Schick. For instance, a Walgreen's in my area actually carries Pinaud Clubman cologne, and used to carry Murray & Lanman's Florida Water. It's not exactly Trumper and Harris, but it does add at least a little interest to an otherwise boring section. Seeing Proraso there should be similarly interesting. I hope it's throughout the chain, and not just a local thing.

Nathan
JackieMartling

Postby aybond » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:54 pm

I agree. I have went to Walgreens and found Pinaud based on what you had posted several months ago. I thank you for that. I also found the Florida Water at Wal-Mart although after searching for some time, found it in the women's fragrance section. Thanks again!

Allen
aybond

Postby With The Grain » Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:55 pm

ive seen code blue on targets web site, do you know if they carry that in most of their actual stores?
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Postby aybond » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:04 pm

I have never seen Code Blue in any of the stores that I have been to, yet I have only been to two, but I can look tomorrow and see what stores, if any, that this product goes to.

Allen
aybond

Postby aybond » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:05 pm

Actually, I just checked online, and Code Blue says it is "Online Only".

Allen
aybond

Postby With The Grain » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:14 pm

aybond wrote:Actually, I just checked online, and Code Blue says it is "Online Only".

Allen

sorry i should have checked back on the site before asking, the proraso news is great though, i like most if not all of their products.
With The Grain
Gillette Aficionado

Postby Hugo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:15 pm

It's actually Sharps that will be introduced at Target.
Paranoid Schizophrenic

Postby Tye » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:18 pm

I just got some Sharps 'Daily Prep Skin Tuner' today. If I would have only waited 4 more days....
Contributing Member to the Cause
Tye
Watch this space!

Postby f308gt4 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:42 pm

That would be great if they started carrying proraso. It seems that we are alwyas at target for one reason or another. It would be very easy, during one of our many trips, to just happen drop in a tube of proraso red, or some of their aftershave balm, etc., etc., etc.
f308gt4

Postby z » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:44 pm

Wow! This is great news because I've been wanting to try Proraso.

What's interesting is that I was at Target a few weeks ago and stopped in their health and beauty section to see what they had to offer. What I found was pretty disappointing. No DE blades. No quality creams. No quality soaps. But this is certainly good news if they're about to revamp their lineup!
Zach
z

Postby texasPI » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:23 pm

aybond wrote:I actually work at one of the distribution centers which services over 60 stores in the central U.S., so I am assuming that it will be at most, if not all stores. To be safe, I would suggest you check the online ad this Sunday in your area.

Allen

Allen do you know if your distribution center services the El Paso, TX area stores? [-o< Will this apply to Super and regular Targets?
Erik

"Work like you don't need money,
love like you've never been hurt,
and dance like no one is watching."
Aurora Greenway
texasPI
Inspector of Beards

Re: New shaving goods at Target!

Postby mantic » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:39 pm

aybond wrote:"Starting 3/05/2006, Target will sell men's creams and razors by brands such as Proraso and others."

:shock: Wow, this could be huge news if it is indeed a move by a major retailer to acknowledge the existance of traditional wetshaving. Makes me wonder if Gillette did something to annoy them (like cut their margins on Gillette's "shaving systems" :roll: ). I seem to recall that Target is owned by a foreign company (not sure whether that means anything or not). In any case I shall wait for Sunday with bated breath!

--Mark
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Postby aybond » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:53 am

I will check today and see if we service the El Paso, TX store, and this should apply to Super, and non-super Targets.

Allen
aybond

Postby stuff495 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:33 am

Wow, great news! If this happens I might finally pick up some Proraso cream. I like their pre/post shave, since I'm a fan of mentholated after-shaves.

The local Target in South Austin hasn't carried DE blades for over a year, and I don't think I've ever seen injector blades there. I do hope that changes.

--Vincent
stuff495

Postby murchmb » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:35 am

They already sell shave sets with razor handle, brush, bowl, & stand online. I don't know the maker other than it's imported. For the $20-30 price, I wouldn't expect much, though.
murchmb

Re: New shaving goods at Target!

Postby reginald-van-gleason » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:08 am

aybond wrote:"Starting 3/05/2006, Target will sell men's creams and razors by brands such as Proraso and others."

Wow. Target, of all places. Sorry, that should be pronounced Targe(t). Good stuff.

Anyword on what the "others" might be? And is it just the Proraso cream that will offered, or can we expect the soap, pre/post, aftershave, etc?

Raffi
reginald-van-gleason

Next

Return to General