T&H 1805 & Grafton?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Didn't really care for the grafton...sort of a dark leathery smell to my nose if I remember correctly. And the 1805 had more of a light airy type scent. I think T&H calls it an oceanic scent. Either way, they were OK but nowhere near as nice as the Trafalgar scent IMO.
Randy
english_barber
Robert from the Gentleman's Shop

Post by english_barber »

Hi Joel,

The Grafton is our best selling T & H fragrance and accounts for 50% of our sales!

regards, Robert
Charlotte & Robert Johnston
www.gentlemans-shop.com
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

I like Grafton. I find the scent very nice. I also have the 1805 and find the scent intoxicating. If you have a Nordstroms in your city, they carry this line. Go by and sniff them out.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Joel, Grafton, and especially 1805 are much more of your 'modern' style scents. I'm not keen on either of the colognes, but am more okay with them in the lighter shave cream versions. Grafton strikes me as essentially a modern 'green' scent, whilst 1805 is a very modern bergamont and 'marine' notes kind of thing. Since I know that you're keen on the stronger Taylor cologne scented creams, these two might be more up your alley, then mine. IMO, with T&H creams, I'd go for the pots, I think it's a noticeably richer cream, then in the tubes. Regards, Gordon