Trumper's Sandalwood

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Trumper's Sandalwood

Post by Chris »

Gents,

Does anyone know if the smell of this cream is comparable to the cologne version? How does it compare to the Taylor's version?
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Evening Gents,

I concur with the good Doctor. I find the Trumpers cologne to be more rich and deep than the dryer scented cream, sort of like a bass to a baritone, yet both are stand alone powerful scents.

With Taylor I find the reverse to be true with the cream just a touch more intense, like a tenor to a lyric tenor.

I find the Trumpers combination to be rich and powerful, the Taylor combination to be svelte and elegant, and both brands to be first rate stuff.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Evening, I agree, entirely, with both the above posts. Regards, Gordon
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

I actually got around to shaving with Trumpers sandalwood sample I recieved a while back. I love the smell of this stuff, but it didn't give me that great of a shave...I'd put the quality of shave a step under T&H limes...I still prefer the sensitive skin formulations
honkdonker

Post by honkdonker »

Moss and Squire said it prefectly. There is nothing that someone of my vast experience can add. :)

Trumpers Sandalwood, in my view, is the gold standard for sandalwood colognes. I prefer it much more to the cream, personally. The cologne is as rich and intoxicating as a sandalwood can be.

Enjoy.

Thanks.
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

Todd,

I have tried the Taylor's Sandlewood shaving soap. While the shave is very good the scent doesn't float my boat.

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave