Mouthwash

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Mouthwash

Post by Sam »

Anyone use Therabreath?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Mouthwash

Post by Sam »

Just tried this stuff. Pricier than Listerine ($8.49 for 16 ounces vs. $5.49 for 33.4 ounces). But it does not burn like the regular Listerine. Listerine has some nice oils but a lot of alcohol. Tried Crest Pro-health and it may be good, but it is really sweet. Listerine Zero Total Care may be nice, but this Therabreath really rocked.
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Hi Sam, how would you rate the performance, say against Listerine?

I use Listerine Cool Mint and am pleased with the results but always willing to try something different.

Chris
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Chris the feeling of a fresh mouth lingers longer with the Therabreath than it does any of the Listerines that I’ve used. When you gargle you really smell and feel the peppermint oil. I’m only on day three but so far I prefer it
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Thanks, Sam. I'll have to give this one a whirl sometime.

Chris
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

Has anyone tried Floris rose-scented mouthwash? I'm quite tempted to buy a bottle but it's awfully expensive.
Olle
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

EL Alamein wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:50 pm Thanks, Sam. I'll have to give this one a whirl sometime.

Chris
How did it go? I have used up the Listernine. They have a 3 pack of the Icy Blue Therabreath at Costco for around $15. One bottle in Target is $8. I like that the peppermint oil kinda lingers in your mouth, giving it a fresher feeling. Listerine was nice, even without alcohol, but it did not linger like this. So far 5 thumbs up
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Hi Sam, Unfortunately I forgot about this entirely and haven't tried it. Thanks for the reminder, though, as I just put it on the grocery store list. I'll let you know what I think once I've had time to give it the once over.

Chris
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Sam, I bought a bottle yesterday and tried it last night. I will need to give it some time but first impressions are it's nice, but not as long lasting as Listerine Cool Mint which is my usual. I'll use this up and then go back to the Listerine and that should help give me a perspective. I'll let you know what I think.

Chris
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Hi Sam,

I finished up that bottle I bought and went back to Listerine. Personally, I prefer the Listerine Cool Mint, for it's properties and taste. It seems to work longer for me. Also, therabreath seemed to leave a funny taste in my mouth that lasted for a while. I usually just drink water all day or maybe tea sometimes. The therabreath was prominent when I drank water and interfered with the taste of tea. Listerine seems to just do it's thing and go away for me, which I prefer.

Chris
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Ok. I’ll have to revisit that Listerine
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

We had Listerine (the original) in the house when I was a kid. Parents taught me how to gargle without drowning. Always a valuable skill. I still have one unopened bottle of TheraBreath. I like it; very refreshing, but I'm not much of a mouthwash user.
Ed
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Ed, when I was a kid we used to use the original listerine too. In fact, a few years ago while visiting my mother I found an unused glass bottle of it in the closet of the bathroom of my old bedroom. I took it home and used it up. I kept the bottle though as I miss the old glass bottles of things from when I was a kid. I sincerely hope manufacturers move back to glass.

Chris