Jack Black Product Review

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
bebosky

Jack Black Product Review

Post by bebosky »

I was able to sample two Jack Black products. The Face Buff Energizing Scrub and The Post Shave Cooling Gel. I want to say upfront that when I ask a company for a sample for review I not only tell them that I will be honest with review of their product but also honest with my perception of their service.

The Face Buff is supposed to be a pre shave and exfoliation product all in one. I found it to feel like I was rubbing Comet on my face. There are little pieces of what can only be desribed as sand in the product. The smell was nothing special. This retails at $17 for 3 oz. In this reporters opinion you would do much better with Old Spice High Endurance Pre Shave Soap. It is much less expensive and not so uncomfortable.

As for the Post Shave Cooling Gel it was a decent product. It is alcohol free and its main soothers are Aloe, Sage and Lavender. This retails for $17 for 3.3 oz.

As for Jack Black's service they did send me a few small samples and for that I thank them. However, they were a bit perturbed that someone had spoken less than glowingly about their product on of the two boards I post at. I told them that that was the beauty of the internet. Individuals can write honestly and these are written by folks who are actually into shaving. One other note:Jack Black was very concerned that I know that their products weren't made for anything other than cartridge razors. Well, I used a Mach 3 Turbo.

So overall I would say that the Jack Black line ( at least the two products that I tested) is average. The face Buff was horribly scratchy. The Post Shave Gel was decent.

Customer Service Grade: C
Product Grade: C
Overall: C

I hope this helps some of you shaving freaks!

Steven
Steven Hamric
hamrics@usa.redcross.org

KEEP IT WET!
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Steven, thanks for the review. I have always surmised that their products are mediocre at best with the exception of their Hand Healer.
reginald-van-gleason

Post by reginald-van-gleason »

Thanks Steven, I have always been curious about Jack Black products (when I first heard of them, I thought they were some kind of male cosmetics line launched by the actor, Jack Black!). They have been recommended to me before by people I know and trust (although these people were women, so what do they know about shaving faces). thanks again.

RVG
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Jack Black Product Review

Post by Sam »

Got a small bag of sample products recently of Jack Black when I bought some clothes

PreShave oil - okay, but not going to spend the money. I mean if someone gave it to me, I would use it, or if I need a preshave oil, others work just as well and are cheaper

Face wash - overpriced for what you get

Shave cream - other creams just as good or better and cheaper

The one product I liked - Turbo Wash. A shower gel/shampoo/all-in-one with rosemary and eucalyptus. Really an energizing smell. Thick too, like Duke Cannon stuff, but somehow a creamier consistency. Lathers really well. $52.00 for a 33 ounce bottle, and Harrys is like $9.00 for 16 ounces. Found it online for $39 shipped. So decided to buy my own stocking stuff.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Jack Black Product Review

Post by drmoss_ca »

One of the nicer hotels in Halifax NS (The Prince George) supplies a rosemary and eucalyptus shower gel, in refillable containers attached to their shower walls. It's probably made in industrial quantities and sold to numerous places.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace