Great smelling shampoo

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Great smelling shampoo

Post by Sam »

Ok, I have thin hair and not much. Use a one or two guard for clippers. Very thin on top. So for a couple of years, I have been using bar soap when I shower for shampoo. Found an old bottle of Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo and it was invirgorating. Not much of an effect on my hair. So, I was wondering, what is a great smelling shampoo that I can get a small bottle of just for the scent? We have Ulta, the usual salons, and a couple of men-only barbers that might carry Paul Mitchell and maybe things like American Crew.
brothers

Re: Great smelling shampoo

Post by brothers »

Sam, I don't require a shampoo that imparts a lasting fragrance, so my experience with shampoo from popular cosmetic or perfume brands is non-existent, but the ones I've used and enjoyed for their scent are Ginger from The Body Shop (recommended by jww - Wendell), and Nancy Boy shampoo. Both of them offer small bottles and are of good quality. Neither is very expensive unless shipping costs are involved.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Sam, I’ve been using Woody’s Daily Shampoo for a few years now. It has kind of a citrus cedar wood scent.
Regards,
Mike
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Mike, I want to smell that one. I think Target carries it. Smelled a huge bottle of American Crew at Ross. Also been reading up on Every Man Jack and Redken Beer shampoo and though pricey, Jack Black for thin hair
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I have a supply of the previous version of The Body Shop's Ginger Shampoo for normal hair. This product has morphed to a scalp care product (perhaps helpful for those who are becoming more follically challenged??) and they now sell a Green Tea based product as their normal hair shampoo.

Whatever the name, I find their products to be quite good - especially for the price.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Got me some Every Man Jack 3 in 1 stuff at Target. Supposed to be pretty much all natural. No sodium laurly sulfates, and all that stuff. Scent is sandalwood. Used it with a bath puff and wow, that stuff lathers like crazy. Scent is nice, and does not linger like some stuff. Hair is truly softer than using bar soap. Does not seem to be drying on the skin when used as a shower gel.

33 ounces was $9.99. Was going to try some Woody's but got this instead since, well, cheaper, more versatile and no SLS
FireDragon76

Post by FireDragon76 »

Sam wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:02 am Ok, I have thin hair and not much. Use a one or two guard for clippers. Very thin on top. So for a couple of years, I have been using bar soap when I shower for shampoo. Found an old bottle of Aveda Rosemary Mint shampoo and it was invirgorating. Not much of an effect on my hair. So, I was wondering, what is a great smelling shampoo that I can get a small bottle of just for the scent? We have Ulta, the usual salons, and a couple of men-only barbers that might carry Paul Mitchell and maybe things like American Crew.
Rosemary mint is awesome for hair. I used to have longer hair and my hair grew faster using a shampoo that contained those ingredients.

Now I use that or Thicker Fuller Hair or Suave's taken on Rosemary Mint, when I can find it. It also helps prevent thinning hair. I don't wash my hair often enough for it to do alot of good now days, though, you really have to wash it daily with rosemary mint for it to stimulate the scalp.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Since we used up the Body Shop product, and because the local stores quit business, we didn't order more. I've drifted back to using bar soap for the time being. Next time I visit my barber I might remember to ask about some of whatever it is she uses on her customers. It's something minty and seems to be pretty good stuff.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
rubismith

Post by rubismith »

Sam, Since I don't need a shampoo that leaves a long-lasting aroma, I have no experience with shampoo from well-known cosmetic or fragrance companies. However, I have used and appreciated the scent of Ginger shampoo from The Body Shop (suggested by jww - Wendell) and Nancy Boy shampoo. They both offer compact bottles and are of high calibre. Both are reasonably priced until shipping is involved.