TRUMPER "SPECIAL SCALP LOTION" AND "SPECIAL L

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
diggity

Post by diggity »

Aztecface wrote:Nathan, I'm afraid it's far too late already, for me. I'll post some pictures when I get home from work later today.
Uh-oh....
Nathan
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Fitch,

Here's an old mid 80's catalogue page with your products. Man, the Egg & Lanoline shampoo was one of my favorites! I loved that stuff and the scent was to die for. Too bad that's gone as well #-o

Sorry about the scan. I'm supposed to have a pretty good scanner but you could not convince me.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
woodsrider

Post by woodsrider »

Very cool...thanks for posting, Bill. I'm not sure about that "nettle" shampoo, though...
Lynn
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Lynn,

FWIW, I went through a few bottles of the Nettle and it was quite nice. I used the Melissa on my daughters hair when she was a baby. For the record the Trumper Hair Conditioner was mainly beeswax and worked quite well too. (just don't get around too many bees!)

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Lynn, I think the Trumpers Nettle shampoo may still be offered.
Regards,
Gordon
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Gordon,

Yep, the Nettle is still available. (p.60 in their new catalogue) The herbal shampoos are nice and mild.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Bill, thanks for that! Would you look at those bottles of "P. 6507", "Lazy Scalp" and "Special Scalp L." My word....we will not see quality bottle designs like those again. I notice if you say mid-80's that the "S. Scalp L." has undergone at least three different bottle designs. If you go back ,and look at mine, has the large black cap. Mine was the last offereing of the stuff, and I want to say the bottle is very thick, heavy glass. I could accept that the cost for these type of bottles would be un-feasible for them to continue on with. However ,even if, they just cut costs by getting cheap with the cap, but left the product in a glass bottle...great. Oh...wait!! Nobody bought/used them anymore...

Best,
Fitch
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

I think a few of us could use a little of that "A-D" shampoo right about now...if you catch my drift...lol. Oh, and Gordon. I did a little 'rooting-around' the house. I came-up with the following tally: 1/8, 1/4, 1/4, 1/4, 1/2, n/o, n/o. Sorry... if I let the team down.

Best,
Fitch
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Could not find any oil% on bottle. So I thought instead of putting on my head, I'd put it in.

Best,
Fitch
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Gordon, Athenian Water:

Bill, Rose Scalp Massage Oil: :lol:

Fitch, n/o:

Fitch, et al, also I think you know these already:

These are rather unusual items:

The Monte Carlo is very similar to a Trumper's tonic. It's name escapes me at the moment. Not important as it's not available anymore. The Limnol is the same in performance as Trumper's Green Floreka but with a floral Eau de Portugal scent.

This is probably the most esoteric dressing I have.

Regards,
Jani
Trumperman
Bill Extraordinaire

Post by Trumperman »

Jani,

I am speechless! What an outstanding collection. You are the DrP of hair preparations. I bow in your presence.

Regards,

Bill
Don't think......shave.
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Bill, nah. I still think it's Fitch. I can't get around that 'Special'.
Regards,
Jani
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

See! That is why I don't want to take photo's, because everyone else can focus theirs. That ,and once you start down this kind of path...paybacks are a bitch. Jani, I would be curious to know if your "Eau de Quinine" lists any oil% on rear of the box. I really have a 'notion' that is one where the oil may be in formula, but they don't state so on packaging. The Lords is great. I know ,because in my conversations with Penhaligon's staff they only do one 'bespoke' dressing today for H.R.H. Prince Charles. They WILL NOT make for anyone, but he. Yeah, I bet in their day "Truefitts" had some real 'humdingers" This dressing duel is like the 80's Celtics/Lakers....I'm feeling it man. Remember though Jani, we only have two heads between us. Thanks for the stiff competition..lol

Best,
Fitch
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Fitch, Are you saying that the Lord's hairdressing IS the one bespoke one that they still provide to Prince Charles?
Regards,
Gordon
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Good Evening. No the "Lords" is not what they do for Prince Charles. It is a name we have never heard...something along those lines.

Best,
Fitch
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Fitch, Well, they still offered one on into the early 2000s. It was hard to get, but they did have it....can't remember the name unfortunately. And, of course, they made others in the more distant past. Time to wait on Bargepole I suppose.....sigh.
Regards,
Gordon
F.W. Fitch

Post by F.W. Fitch »

Hello. It goes without saying that a version in their "E. Fern" range would not offend anyone. I got that one covered with a precious 200ml of Trumper "Fernil"...whoops. "Hammam" might be a tad 'assertive', but you can be sure that it would be in my closet if I had half the chance. Something like the "H. Bouquet" would be perfect as a solid brilliantine! Perhaps Jani can start that email campaign.

Best,
Fitch
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Jani & Fitch, great pictures and a most informative online education!
This is great!... :)
Wished I had your and Bill's and Gordon's experience with this stuff. Most enjoyable.
Regards,
David
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

F.W. Fitch wrote:Image

Could not find any oil% on bottle. So I thought instead of putting on my head, I'd put it in.

Best,
Fitch

:lol: :lol:
Regards,
David
Aztecface

Post by Aztecface »

Fitch, it doesn't say anything about oil on my Quinine box.
Regards,
Jani