Face soap

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Face soap

Post by Sam »

Been using a Musgo Real soap for the face. I have experienced some dryness around the folds of my nose and then between my eyebrows. So thinking I need a creamier soap, even if that is a bottled face soap. Used to love Floris Rose Geranium soaps as they were creamy and smelled great - think it may have been the tallow that made them that way. Not looking to be uber expensive, but a face soap will last me many months. Primarily using it at night, since the wife has a bottle of hand soap in a pretty decanter on her sink, and then I have the various bath soaps and scrubs in the shower.

Creaminess and definitely thinking I need moisturizing. I have been bouncing around in my head with Mitchell's Wool Fat (using lanolin), or L'Occitane with Shea Butter (mostly natural ingredients, a nit pricey) or Cetaphil face cleaners (but prefer soap I guess). Or even the Yardley bars at Walmart since they have tallow.

Suggestions and even links are appreciated.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Face soap

Post by Sam »

I looked through old threads and bought some things from Connaught Shaving. Two big bars of Wool Fat soap (150g) and two tubes of Marvis shipped to the US was $28.00. Heck, just the toothpaste here in Memphis is $11 to $14 a tube and then tax. So the Fat ended up being about $3.60 a bar and if not a great face soap, good for the shower.
Bill_K

Post by Bill_K »

The best I can do for Wool Fat soap is $16.50[1]. That's quite a bit, considering that I can get Dove soap for sensitive skin for $2.99 CAD on sale ($6.49 regular price). If you can scoop it for $3.60 a bar, good for you!

I assume you've already considered using a face cream, right?

Bill

[1] https://www.amazon.ca/Wool-Fat-Soap-75g ... s+wool+fat
Bill
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

sam, i have the exact same issue as you and have been using woolfat and the vinolia and nubian heritage (rose of course!!) for about two years. From my side of the woods, you can use any soap you want, nothing other than a moisturizing cream over the counter or prescribed is going to help you

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I figured a cream. I use cerave and then aquafor ar it has some petrolateum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Dr. Jart hydrating moisturizer. Found on Amazon.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444