I want to know what's the different of IPL and Laser!

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Joanna Bertone

I want to know what's the different of IPL and Laser!

Post by Joanna Bertone »

I heard that do a laser or IPL hair remover can permanent removal hair, so I want to know that what's the difference between IPL and Laser hair removal, I search many about these, but most products are also called IPL and laser. I read an article which from Lukelady named: Laser Hair Removal:
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light (laser) to remove unwanted hair.

During laser hair removal, a laser emits a light that is absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat, which damages the tube-shaped sacs within the skin (hair follicles) that produce hairs. This damage inhibits or delays future hair growth.

Although laser hair removal effectively delays hair growth for long periods, it usually doesn't result in permanent hair removal. Multiple laser hair removal treatments are needed for initial hair removal, and maintenance treatments might be needed as well. Laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair.

So what is IPL?
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: I want to know what's the different of IPL and Laser!

Post by drmoss_ca »

Intense Pulsed Light - not coherent like a laser, but ordinary light from a flashgun. It's also not a single wavelength, like a tunable dye laser. It's a lot less powerful in its effects than a laser, but is able to treat small telangiectases. It's not very good at hair removal, but has been adopted by the burgeoning and profitable amateur cosmetics industry, who make inflated claims for it. The equipment is cheaper than laser therapy, and requires less skill to operate, so it has appeared in very many less than reputable spa-type cosmetic clinics for people with more money than sense. However, it is not harmless, and can cause burns, pigmentation and scarring. I had a patient who took herself to such a clinic, paid a few thousand dollars for it and ended up with a cratered face that she now has to cover with thick makeup. I believe she sued them successfully. The website you name sells a $99 version that is to be used at home. I doubt it does a thing. Please note the customer reviews are all five stars, but have the same few names on them claiming to be from different parts of the world., and tend to use the same formulation of misspelled praise. I think we may assume they are all fake, but they are entertaining:
Why choose lion detailed working-kind Effect thay forward's talk. Shipping is best as soon as hot as seen on TV
Terrific shipping faster yo effect is Nickle well Africa long no pain
Hit Man to eliminate the jaw without seems to be lacking. Arm the fuzz remover is available until the Nickle just... Output is too weak as
There are 33 pages of this nonsense! Joanna, if you are someone who truly wants to know if it works I'd advise against wasting your time and money. On the other hand, if you are associated with the paid reviewers for that site....well, we don't allow spam here. I may just have to adopt "ARM THE FUZZ REMOVER!" as something I can yell as a battle cry as I strop my razors, so thanks for that!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
FireDragon76

Post by FireDragon76 »

I've had both. IPL is alot more painful and less effective. If you are a male, neither one is necessarily permanent, though the hairs that do grow back in time will be finer.

Of the two, I would only recommend laser hair removal. It's alot less painful.
mayrasingh

Post by mayrasingh »

Hi,
The main difference between IPL treatment and Laser treatment is that laser uses monochromatic light and IPL uses broadband pulsed light.

I have removed your advertising link to your clinic as this against our rules.

Admin
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

Lasers seem to be the answer to everything with hair! I get ads for laser hair GROWTH and for hair REMOVAL - I suppose that's good if you change your mind! It probably depends on the laser wavelength and whether is stimulates the follicles to amp up production or destroys them. Generally lasers are my preferred light source over flashlamps for research application since the spectrum is precisely known and the target wavelength is intense. Of course, anything above a Class 2a laser (basically a pointer) requires special care by all concerned. There are some narrow band high intensity LED sources around these days as well. Still not always eye safe but less expensive than lasers in some cases.
Rick
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

blantyre wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:21 am Lasers seem to be the answer to everything with hair!
Yup. When they invented the laser, they had no clue what it was going to be used for. "Death Ray" was one idea, but that seems to be the least practical application.
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex
brothers

Post by brothers »

Interesting subject to contemplate. I think there are a great many uses for lasers. When I googled it, the results are overwhelming. It seems hair treatment is one of the most mundane! For example (similar to hair removal/growth) a machine shop can use lasers for both cutting and welding. The list is exhaustive.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444