No more missing Amazon packages

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

No more missing Amazon packages

Post by brothers »

Amazon offers the Hub Locker service that means your packages are delivered to a secure lockbox at several locations around town. We've been using this option lately, and have had excellent results. The checkout process offers the option of delivery to my street address or the Hub. We get to choose which of the unattended nearby fully automated Locker locations we prefer. Once the package has been placed in the lockbox, I receive an email notice containing a secure password to use when I pick it up at my convenience. There are several different sizes of lockboxes at the Hub, which gives the delivery guy the right sized lockbox. We don't have to be on the lookout for packages showing up on the front porch at random times. I haven't missed any orders, but if I should forget, it only stays in the lockbox for a day or two before Amazon takes it back.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: No more missing Amazon packages

Post by fallingwickets »

The *THE* best use for hub is getting supplies without the :wink: SO knowing deliveries were made!!!!!!!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

fallingwickets wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:12 am The *THE* best use for hub is getting supplies without the :wink: SO knowing deliveries were made!!!!!!!

clive
Why, Clive, that sounds downright devious. 8)

- Murray
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

Didn't they used to call these "mailboxes" or "Post Offices"?
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex
brothers

Post by brothers »

John Rose wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:14 am Didn't they used to call these "mailboxes" or "Post Offices"?
Yes, until Amazon decided to eliminate the middleman and start their own mailboxes and post offices! :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444