Desktop wireless printer problems

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Desktop wireless printer problems

Post by brothers »

The Epson WorkForce 630 has been the absolute best ever up to now but suddenly it isn't linking up with the PC and I can't figure out why. Yesterday I worked all day chasing the numerous and time- consuming suggestions and work-arounds from Microsoft and Epson with no effect. I have a strong feeling that the problem is the result of some tiny little thing I'm overlooking. For example restarting or a faulty connection somewhere. Today I think I'll check youtube. Last time it happened there was a newly upgraded MS security setting that I had to delete to keep things running.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: Desktop wireless printer problems

Post by brothers »

I think I know what's causing the problem. Looks like the Z drive memory card isn"t opening.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

good to read that you have it figured out....such a pita when these things dont work

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

:D Clive, now that I know what's wrong, I have learned that almost no one knows how to fix it. I have a hunch that a recent MS update is what created the problem. Of course, several places on the web have posted how they fixed theirs, and I've followed the rabbit into the hole, but they aren't working for me.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's the problem ---
Z drive problem.jpg
Z drive problem.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 3808 times
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Update: problem has been corrected. I was able to determine the Windows Defender Firewall was blocking the printer. One click and now I'm printing again. C'mon now, how many of us knew I should do that and just didn't tell me! :lol:
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

ten thumbs up Gary.
de gustibus non est disputandum
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

Good detective work, Gary. I never would have thought Defender would block the printer from printing. I suppose Defender could conceivably block a download/update if it thought the item was a virus. But blocking a printer? Nah, would have never thought of that one. :mrgreen: