Nascar 2020

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Nascar 2020

Post by brothers »

This week signals the activities and events leading up to the annual Daytona (Florida) 500 race on February 16 at Daytona International Raceway.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Nascar 2020

Post by Sam »

Everytime I drive to Atlanta, from Memphis, I pass by Talledega. I think of Ricky Bobby. I want to go to a Nascar race. I have heard stories, and now with Uber or Lyft, I would be good to go, lol. I have even been by the Atlanta Raceway, which curiously is about 40 miles outside of Atlanta. My cousin did the Richard Petty Driving Experience at Charlotte, and I would love to do something like that. I have heard the night race at Bristol is a lot of fun.
brothers

Post by brothers »

This week's race is the 400 mile at Las Vegas. Last week at Daytona there was a terrible accident on the final lap that could have been a tragedy but thanks to the safety features provided by the structure of the car the driver walked out of the hospital after just 2 days. Everyone who saw the wreck was fearing the worst.

Sam, it would be quite an experience to attend one of the races. I did it once in Texas, and quickly came to the conclusion that the unbelievable roar of the cars and the speed with which they flash across the field of vision from left to right is just too loud and too fast to appreciate it in person. TV viewing is far superior, not to mention a lot less expensive.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

I dunno.
My favourite motorsport is still Figure 8 racing, for the entertainment value.

I notice that the drivers entering the intersection from the left (with cars approaching on the driver's side) tend to be more cautious. [-o<
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex
brothers

Post by brothers »

This has been a very slow and disappointing "season" up to now. The driver I usually follow hasn't won yet this year, and to seriously make matters even worse, Nascar has cancelled the race that was supposed to have been yesterday, and also next week's race, due to the ongoing pandemic we're all dealing with.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Following two months of cancelled NASCAR Championship series races, the season will resume live racing events beginning Sunday May 17.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Kevin Harvick won today's race while NASCAR observed quite a number of carefully planned COVID-19 related public health departures from normal procedure. It seems that there are going to be a number of Sunday/Wednesday races over the next few weeks.

Making up for the events that were postponed and getting back on schedule for the season.

Sunday, May 17
3:30 PM Darlington Raceway

Results Race Recap
Toyota 500
Wednesday, May 20
7:30 PM Darlington Raceway

Coca-Cola 600
Sunday, May 24
6:00 PM Charlotte Motor Speedway

NASCAR Cup Series Race at Charlotte
Wednesday, May 27
8:00 PM Charlotte Motor Speedway

Food City 500
Sunday, May 31
3:30 PM Bristol Motor Speedway

June 2020
Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500
Sunday, Jun 7
3:00 PM Atlanta Motor Speedway

Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500
Wednesday, Jun 10
7:00 PM
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

It was a real treat to be able to see 2 Championship Series races over the course of 4 days, with another coming up 2 days from now on Sunday. This is more like it!
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

There was another event today, but my favorites didn't fare very well. Oh well, at least they're racing (sans spectators). The next Championship Series race will be next Sunday, the 7th. Better luck for my favorite drivers next time, perhaps.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

This coming weekend's 500 mile race at Talladega Alabama will be witnessed in person by a moderate number of enthusiasts.

https://www.talladegasuperspeedway.com/ ... O-500.aspx
Gary