Hiatus over. I’m back home :)

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
DIRVING79

Hiatus over. I’m back home :)

Post by DIRVING79 »

Looks like I’ve got 10 years of SMF to catch up on...haha. Hope everyone is well :wink:
•• •• •• ••
David
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Hiatus over. I’m back home :)

Post by drmoss_ca »

Welcome back!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

This is a very pleasant surprise! Welcome back, Dave!

Why the new ID?

- Murray
DIRVING79

Post by DIRVING79 »

CMur12 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:26 pm This is a very pleasant surprise! Welcome back, Dave!

Why the new ID?

- Murray
Lost my old email credentials and had a heck of a time trying to get them back so I gave up... haha. Same thing with my YouTube channel. That one hurt a little.
•• •• •• ••
David
DIRVING79

Post by DIRVING79 »

drmoss_ca wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:38 pmWelcome back!
Thanks! Great to still see you here :wink:
•• •• •• ••
David
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

107 thumbs up on your return

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi David. It's a big relief to know you're well and back to posting again at SMF.

My best ever performing razor is a single edge. I use it every day. The razor is the General V2 and I alternate my two favored blades - Kai Captain Original and Schick Proline 30.

May I presume after your lengthy hiatus that you are as fervent now as relating to all things Single Edged as you were 10 years ago? What razors and blades have you been using in your absence, if I may inquire 😀! ?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
DIRVING79

Post by DIRVING79 »

brothers wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:57 am Hi David. It's a big relief to know you're well and back to posting again at SMF.

My best ever performing razor is a single edge. I use it every day. The razor is the General V2 and I alternate my two favored blades - Kai Captain Original and Schick Proline 30.

May I presume after your lengthy hiatus that you are as fervent now as relating to all things Single Edged as you were 10 years ago? What razors and blades have you been using in your absence, if I may inquire 😀! ?
Yeah I was gonna day regarding the death rumor apparently I’m doing ok... hahaha.

I really haven’t deviated much; I still use a lot of the old stuff I did prior to my unannounced hiatus.

And yes I’m still just as fervent as I was before... if not more. I have yet to try any modern SE stuff but I’m happy there are ppl out there doing it. Call me a conservative.. razor related :lol:
•• •• •• ••
David