Found on the WWW

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Found on the WWW

Post by fallingwickets »

https://nymag.com/strategist/article/be ... azors.html

i think the article is low energy and full of incorrect info, BUT it is probably good for the community in that it bring new members

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Rufus

Re: Found on the WWW

Post by Rufus »

I agree with the recommendations of the Merkur 38C DE and the Feather and Astra blades, but surprised by the Derby blades.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Clive, thanks for the link. This is all valid information, offered for the purpose of introducing interested customers to proven quality products in the marketplace. Of course the adjective "best" is gratuitous, (we all have our own best list :D ) but we consider the likelihood of someone hoping to buy a useful gift for someone and finding this list. No harm done, the purchaser and the gift's recipient are both happy, and the door has been opened into the wonderful world of shaving for pleasure rather than a dreaded daily drudgery.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks, Clive. Always good to see such an article, though I rarely agree with everything they say.

I find Merkur fixed-head razors aggressive and I don't recommend them for new shavers or for shavers with sensitive skin. They don't work for me. I do like the Merkur Progress, as a very effective adjustable razor that goes from truly mild to very aggressive. Even better for me is the Rockwell razor, with six steps from very mild to aggressive via interchangeable razor bed plates.

The Bevel razor, recommended in the article, has piqued my curiosity.

- Murray