COVID survivors

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Rufus

Re: COVID survivors

Post by Rufus »

I obtain most of my information from the BBC, NPR/PBS and Al Jazeera English. For the written word it’s The Economist, The Telegraph, (Canada) The Globe & Mail, (Canada) The National Post, WSJ, The Times, The New York Times and assorted magazines.
Bryan
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

You should do what you feel comfortable doing. But if you're going to hole up you probably should sterilize everything before it enters your home, change and wash clothes after going out, the list is endless. You know what you need to do.

I think I caught it from a nurses coat who was the school nurse at a local college and the coat was just hanging next to mine on the coatrack. That's the only contact I know of way back then.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Murray, are you in line to get a shot soon?

here in sc it's a cluster%^&$#!@ At the rate they are going I might be lining up in may....the good thing i suppose is that other people are getting the vaccine and the more of them running around, the safer it is for me. I dont wear gloves and i only use one mask, but:

a) mask on and off in car
b) wipe hands with lysol wipe as soon as im back in the car
c) wash hands as soon as i get home and again after putting away parcels.
d) C, B, D and Zinc vitamin every day

so far so good :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Hi Clive -

I got an appointment for my first Pfizer shot on March 31!

They only asked me my age (69) and took no contact information, but I'm going to call them back and ask if underlying conditions (which I have) would get me in sooner.

- Murray
pausted

Post by pausted »

Got my first shot today (Pfizer). Scheduled for March 1st for the second. Quite an ordeal. I left the house at 8:00 this morning and actually got the shot at 12:15. They were giving over 8000 vaccinations in a 12 hour period. Long, slow lines.
Best regards,

Basil
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Yikes Murray...WA seems as bad as SC, but you have an appt and thats a huge step in the right direction :roll:

clive
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Yeah, Clive, I called them back to see if underlying conditions, which we hadn't discussed, would get me an earlier appointment. I was told that they were basing it purely on age. I suppose anyone could claim to have underlying conditions, so that may be their thinking. Either way, my appointment remains March 31.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

I hear you Murray. If everyone suddenly decides they deserve to be placed at the head of the line it would be panic and complete chaos worldwide. Evidently there are many who are eligible and have been for several weeks while choosing not to seek to get their names on the list as soon as possible for any infinite number of reasons. In our current pandemic there's only one condition that applies equally to literally everyone simultaneously. The threat to our existence called Covid19. I hope we're on the right track.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

NJ did age and underlying conditions and are doing best in nation or close to it. Anyhoo, glad you gents are in queue for a shot

clive
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

You guys are very lucky. Our Prime Minister (he of fancy socks and nice hair) and his band of clowns managed to screw up procurement of vaccines so we’re ranked about 40th in getting our population vaccinated. ](*,)
Bryan