Louvre Online

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
churchilllafemme

Louvre Online

Post by churchilllafemme »

Having been pretty much homebound during the pandemic, unwilling to travel, I was really pleased to find that the Louvre now has a site on which are posted images of many of their works, from textiles and furniture to sculpture and paintings. The presentations are generally good, and they allow viewing of magnifications of some paintings to show brushstrokes, images of the back of some of them with imprints and signatures, and perspectives of sculptures from different angles. I can easily spend an hour or more just perusing some of the works in a single room or gallery area.

Louvre site des collections
_______
John
brothers

Re: Louvre Online

Post by brothers »

John, this link opens up an opportunity to see some beautiful and important things some of us may never have seen otherwise. Thanks.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

That's amazing, John. Thanks!

- Murray
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

Wow, very nice. On more than one occasion when I’ve been in Paris the actual museum has been closed due to strikes. This online gallery seems to be excellent. Looks as if it has at least 2000 artworks with multiple images of many.
Rick