Undershirts / Tshirts

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Undershirts / Tshirts

Post by Sam »

Too long have I been putting up with yellow stains under the arm pits, or sheer shirts. Wife got me some beefy JC Penney / Stafford brand. I thought they would be too heavy but no, they are not. A bit pricier than than the Hanes/Fruit of the Loom brands at Walmart about $21 for 4 when you get them on sale at Penney's versus about $14 for 6 of the Hanes.

I even tried the 60% cotton / 40% polyester shirts that are 'cooler" Again, Hanes is so sheer. However, I got some from a brand called Arizona at JC Penney and they seem better somehow. Got them in grey to wear under white shirts as they show less under a white cotton dress shirt than a white tshirt.

I prefer v neck over a crew.
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Re: Undershirts / Tshirts

Post by Sam »

I got some JCPenney T-shirts which are a little bit heavier than the stuff you get at Walmart or target, such as Fruit of the Loom or Hanes. Let me tell you these are some great T-shirts. Little bit pricier than the Walmart stuff but well worth it. Also get some 60% cotton/40% polyester gray T-shirts from a brand called Arizona at JCPenney and I like those too
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

jc penney is best kept secret evahhhh. Ive been buying their st johns (?) brand for years....excellent experience

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

I wear white heavy cotton Gildan t-shirts and like them a lot. They last a long time, and they seem not to stain easily.
_______
John
Barry

Post by Barry »

I wear different brands of "sweat block" style t-shirts. They have padding under the armpits and work like a charm. The heather gray / off white colors do not show through dress shirts. These types of shirts have been a game changer for me. The only drawback is the price... they're not exactly inexpensive.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I no longer need the white t-shirts, so when I recently lost weight I had to donate my white XL shirts to others, and have ended up with the right size of assorted colors from Hanes and Gildan, and I'm enjoying both brands.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

fallingwickets wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:06 am jc penney is best kept secret evahhhh. Ive been buying their st johns (?) brand for years....excellent experience

clive
Yeah, after a few months, I like these. They are heavier than the other brand i got in light and dark grey, beefier so to speak. But they trap no more heat in summer than the cotton/poly ones. Holding up well, yes.
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

My only criteria for T-shirts is "No product endorsements".
Unless it's about a band I like, or activity I participate in.
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex
brothers

Post by brothers »

Regarding the Gildan shirts the colors I like, but the short sleeves are much too short and the tags at the back of neck are annoytng. Next time I'll probably pay a lot more for the upgrades.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

fallingwickets wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:06 am jc penney is best kept secret evahhhh. clive
Back in the day, Penney was considered mainline and respectable. Nowadays, many consider it old-fashioned and passe, and would rather patronize trendy retailers that play loud rap or hardrock music in their stores. Our 47-year old daughter recently bought a product from JCP and was amazed!! I thought it was humorous that she "discovered" JCP, which started in 1902. Of course, JCP was solid all along. Its competitor, Sears, is gone.
Shavermeister

Post by Shavermeister »

Gildan is a good brand. The hoodies I offer as part of my merchandise are Gildan.

Jim