Apple Magic Mouse 2

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Apple Magic Mouse 2

Post by Sam »

Got a new computer. Thinking this might be a cool thing and eliminate a cord on my desk. Regular mouse seems to always be in the way at times. HP Computer, Any experiences, or good/bad comments?

Wireless keyboard - dont know. The stock keyboard seems good enough and I can do a Best Buy one or Office Depot instead of Apple.
brothers

Re: Apple Magic Mouse 2

Post by brothers »

I've had wireless mouse and keyboard on my pc for 10 years with zero problems. The mouse is Anatel and the keyboard is Logitec. The brands are probably irrelevant. I presume they're all identical these days.

I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression that I've been using the same hardware for 10 years. I upgrade the pc every few years and usually get new mice and keyboards when I get a new unit.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Gary. The Apple magic mouse is a little bit different than a logitech I had at home. This when you don’t move the mouse as much as you use your finger. It was very neat and that is why I would get the Apple mouse if I was going to get one. The keyboard is unremarkable
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Sam
I have been using the Logitech Unifying Keyboard and Mouse for a long, long, time. I use it on my windows computer as well as my Chromebooks and it works great I would get nothing else. Check out this link: Logitech Unifying Software
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Someone gave me a Magic Mouse 1, (difference is the 1 is AA batteries, the 2 is the rechargeable battery via USB-C cord). Love no cords. Gotta figure out how to get the scroll feature to work but if not, neat not having the cord wrap around the keyboard, etc
John Rose

Post by John Rose »

I have a Magic Mouse I, and I quite like it.
Scrolling is smooth.
They are bisymmetrical, so if you are left-handed (which I am not) it's a simple matter to change the left/right setting.
The only issue I know of with them is that sometimes the battery terminals don't maintain good contact with the AA batteries. It then thinks that the batteries are running out of juice and keeps alerting you about it. You have to stuff a small piece of tinfoil into the +ve end, or else find a brand of battery that fits better.
The Magic Mouse 2 should not suffer from that with the built-in battery.

I occasionally use a mouse for games on my MacBook Pro (which has a perfectly fine trackpad) and for that I got one that is a dual-mode wireless. You can choose to either pair it with Bluetooth, or use the USB (2.4 GHz RF) dongle.

For mission-critical uses like LiSP (Linux Show Player) I stick with a wired mouse, because I don't want it to go to sleep or run out of battery power in the middle of a show. (LiSP is designed to play sound effects and music in a theatre production. It's great.)
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex