Apple watch

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Apple watch

Post by Sam »

Have the original Peloton OG bike. Series 3 I think. Got it June 2021.

Thinking of Apple Watch. Either a 7 or SE. Like the Nike band or the sport loop which is nylon. I have read that an Apple Watch works better with the bike +. I don’t use all the health metrics and have a separate blood oxygen reader.

Which one. 7 or SE. I think going with the Nike option gives me the Nike bands without having to buy one separately.

Smaller or larger size? I have a Rolex date just which I wear and think it is 38. I have smaller wrists Perhaps smart watchers look different on the wrists
Barry

Re: Apple watch

Post by Barry »

I have an Apple Watch 4 and when I was able to use it at the gym I did.

The smaller watch is definitely small and too small for me. My wrists aren’t all that big but I have a Catalyst watch band which is highly protective but adds a lot of bulk to the watch. It’s not a smart watch band.

I like the fact that I can set it to wheelchair mode.

Barry
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Sam, get the 7. se is an antique in comparison :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

fallingwickets wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:09 am Sam, get the 7. se is an antique in comparison :D
I agree, one year old technology

The SE larger size is one mm smaller - 44 mm for the SE, 45 for the 7 . SE has a less bright display and is not always on, but a flick of the wrist turns it on. The display area is also slightly smaller. Same Operating System, same chip, same storage. It lacks the EEG reading and the blood oxygen reading that the 7 has, but I have a blood oxygen thing for my finger due to having Covid and someone gifted me one of the readers.

So, is it worth $120 in price to go to the 7 to get a brighter, very slight bigger and always on display and the EEG reading? Well you know, I am thinking so just for the display, but the EEG means nothing to me, NIce to have, but to pay for?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Has the battery life of the latest Apple watch improved? I gave my wife one last Christmas and it was the latest model, but the battery life is abysmal.
Bryan
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Rufus wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:57 am Has the battery life of the latest Apple watch improved? I gave my wife one last Christmas and it was the latest model, but the battery life is abysmal.
As I read no
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Hi Sam, im one of those budget be damned i must have the latest and greatest tech kind of person so you really shouldnt listen to me, but I think the extra money for the 7 is worth it. off topic somewhat but battery life on most watches are bad especially if you use all the functions that it comes with

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I ended up with the Apple SE watch, Nike logo and band. Yes, it is functional. Syncs my heartrate to the Peloton bike and the Health App. Easy to look at the calendar and see emails without having to pull out the phone. Heck, I have even answered a couple of calls using the watch. funny thing, I prefer an analog display most of the time
Gene

Post by Gene »

Every time I use my Apple watch to answer a call I think of the old Dick Tracy comic strip with his "wrist radio"

But I do like the watch overall.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore