Let's set our calendars now

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Let's set our calendars now

Post by brothers »

The Winter Olympics begins February 3rd and ends on February 20th. The Super Bowl takes place on February 13th. The first race of the NASCAR Cup Series will begin the following week on February 20th.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Re: Let's set our calendars now

Post by Rufus »

I am ambivalent about watching the Olympics because of the host government. I have absolutely no interest in either of the other two.
Bryan
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

The winter olympics will be a muted affair, I'm guessing, for a combination of public health and political reasons. But since I don't have a TV, it won't matter to me!
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

drmoss_ca wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:50 am The winter olympics will be a muted affair, I'm guessing, for a combination of public health and political reasons. But since I don't have a TV, it won't matter to me!
I apologise for digressing, but how did you wean yourself off the telly, Chris?
Bryan
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

It was rather simple. In 1976 I left home to go to university, and in those days students didn't take televisions and computers with them. Up till that point I had watched for hours each evening (and British TV was OK in the early seventies, though certainly not what you'd call PC today), but I found I didn't miss it and never restarted.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace