Short vacation in Texas

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Short vacation in Texas

Post by brothers »

Fredericksburg in the spring. Founded by German immigrants in 1846. We've been here several times before. Nice place to get away for a few days. Google it . . .
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Gene

Re: Short vacation in Texas

Post by Gene »

Living where we do that's only a couple of hours away - and I agree, it's a really nice city. We've discussed this before - I still haven't been able to hit that WWII museum. Someday, though.

Depending on your route in you have some interesting choices:

1) Through Marble Falls - Stop at the Bluebonnet Cafe. Great breakfasts, country-fried steaks and pies

2) Johnson City - Stop at the Country Cupboard. Great country-fried steaks (sensing a pattern here). The sign outside says "Over 3 Dozen served" so you know they must be good.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore